2000 Cigarette paint codes >

2000 Cigarette paint codes

Notices

2000 Cigarette paint codes

Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tcwcar
Boomer what colors do you need Yellow, Blue, Green? I even polished the white gel and profited that so I could get a white paint to match the color of the white gel...
I need all 3 of the colors you mentioned. I am having a guy go over the entire boat and just touch everything up. There is touch up needed in all of the colors. I'd have to bet the same guy who painted your boat painted mine, so if you don't mind, send me what you have for paint codes and brands....
Old 09-19-2013, 09:41 AM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go down to your local Finish Master and ask them to use there scanner. After you scan the paint they can make a perfect match. That is the only way to do it.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:44 AM
mmb
Registered

If your paint is custom with with flakes, glitter, candy or pearls it takes a painter that has time to fool around with the mix to get it to match.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boomer35
I need all 3 of the colors you mentioned. I am having a guy go over the entire boat and just touch everything up. There is touch up needed in all of the colors. I'd have to bet the same guy who painted your boat painted mine, so if you don't mind, send me what you have for paint codes and brands....
mmb is right, that is the best way to get the right match, but I will give you what I got, the paint I used is ChromaBase the green code 415643k that's one code one the can the other is GS199 that's on the can too, the blue is324256k and bs447.....I will get you the yellow its and the shop....but Boomer if your going to use these have them make the smallest amount they can, which is a 1/2 a pint and Yellow and red paint are your most expensive and to have them mix a quart and not have it match is a big waste because they won't take it back....
Old 09-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boomer just found out those codes I gave you earlier my not work for you, all the codes I have end in "K" which means these are Profited codes, which means they have a tool that takes a picture of the color and makes up a formula for that color, I have to get the formula for the colors not the code, a profited code is only good for the DuPont dealer that I use...I can get the formula for the colors I have, in fact I do have the yellow, this is for a pint...the first number is the mixing color the second decimal number is how many parts if that color....Yellow... 843 / 185.7 next 801 / 27.0 next 890 / .4 next 805 / .3 next 150k / 238.0 that it, that is the mixing parts for yellow, if you take that to a DuPont dealer with that formula he can make you a pint of yellow or convert it to a bigger quantity if you need more that a pint... but still think you should have them profit your boat, so your matching the color you have.... Joe
Old 09-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tcwcar
Boomer just found out those codes I gave you earlier my not work for you, all the codes I have end in "K" which means these are Profited codes, which means they have a tool that takes a picture of the color and makes up a formula for that color, I have to get the formula for the colors not the code, a profited code is only good for the DuPont dealer that I use...I can get the formula for the colors I have, in fact I do have the yellow, this is for a pint...the first number is the mixing color the second decimal number is how many parts if that color....Yellow... 843 / 185.7 next 801 / 27.0 next 890 / .4 next 805 / .3 next 150k / 238.0 that it, that is the mixing parts for yellow, if you take that to a DuPont dealer with that formula he can make you a pint of yellow or convert it to a bigger quantity if you need more that a pint... but still think you should have them profit your boat, so your matching the color you have.... Joe
that's heavy stuff! Thank you both for your help, I found a guy with a scanner so im going to go that route, better safe than sorry! Thanks again Joe, lets see more pics of your project
Old 09-21-2013, 06:18 AM
Registered

try to look online for a company called a touch of color they are a franchise I know we have them down here on the island they come right to you and match everything up perfect they blow in fill and blend scratches and touch up everything that's all they do and the match is as close as you will get