Notices

teaser

Old 02-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

thats why XT is great for interiors, guys come from states away to use Dave and the crew... the best around here....and the hitch thing, thats my point lol aluminum isnt steel...... it snaps!! fuk that with my boat behind me....

Originally Posted by endeavor1
FYI, I bent a hitch years ago pulling my 35 fountain. It was rated for 12k. I now use only solid shank receivers that exceed the rating. Mine bent, your cast aluminum will snap!!! I know you are a risk taker but this is not something to fool with. I was your age and had your enthusiasm not long ago so please don't heed this advice.

Interior- you do what you want but my PERSONAL experience with Ralph was not that good. While his work is fair, the amount of time he took (3 month overstay) and dodging my calls was unacceptable. I had to drive 4 hours and stand over them to get it finished and that's unacceptable. Tell me your plan if that happens, and please don't say have a friend go check on it or push Ralph bc I've been there and done it.

Good luck
Old 02-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

My truck might not be a 2014, but it has a Curt Class V 16k lb hitch, a solid steel drawbar, with a 25k lb forged ball. The stock chevy hitch went in the scrap bin.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

full force.. i dont have dyno sheets but i do have the mod list... and i do know i can roast my 37's at 40

block is magnafluxed
hamilton billet push rods
H 110 springs
H valves
H 181/210 can
II 120% CP3
AD 150 fuel system
flux 3.3 injectors
Fully ARP studded
BW 66mm turbo
custom intake/ horn
stainless mani
5" exhaust
fully built tranny
smarty ssr tuned
supporting mods

thats not even all of it.

I know what your saying, though with my lift, (yes you can argue about not pulling with a lifted truck) but any hitch i have found thats solid steel that had a big enough drop only rated to 7000lbs. but i agree, i would feel alot safer with a solid steel hitch..

endeavor- appreciate your input alot! all i heard was good about him so at least i have now a general sense of what could come up.

phragle- appreciate the nice words sir!

update: pulled the interior, pulled the floor, found no rot and no signs of any tank leakage or gas smell. going to put the floor back in and start working on the motors. i cant keep any heat in this shop so im waiting for warm weather for glass and paint. the steering is very stiff but seems to be loosing up. but will read up on that and keep my eye open for external steering kit. so im going to check the cables, gimbals etc and my throttles dont want to go past half throttle and harden up so i need to follow those cables as well and see what the issue is. lots of pictures on IG if anyone wants to follow on pics.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is this project coming along? Any more pics?
Old 04-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Registered

shes coming. motors are out. bilge is getting painted. motors getting comp test, and leak down to check internally if shes good. then stripped and painted then back installed... drives are off and getting painted. had a ton of issues with getting 3phase into my shop so im changing the motor on my compressor to run off 220. so im finally getting my compressor hooked up so i can sand the boat down and do some of the glass work. Interior is out getting redone by At The Lake upholstry. Ralph has been great with me trying to get everything done over the phone. stood by his price for the most part as well. here is the paint im doing. Will have more accents when i start taping.

heres a set of pics until shes in the paint booth. this shop im renting isnt working very well so thats why its bare. im going to build a building next year so I'm just using it for the time being

havent found any rot other than in the cabin door, and engine hatch.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 315duramax
shes coming. motors are out. bilge is getting painted. motors getting comp test, and leak down to check internally if shes good. then stripped and painted then back installed... drives are off and getting painted. had a ton of issues with getting 3phase into my shop so im changing the motor on my compressor to run off 220. so im finally getting my compressor hooked up so i can sand the boat down and do some of the glass work. Interior is out getting redone by At The Lake upholstry. Ralph has been great with me trying to get everything done over the phone. stood by his price for the most part as well. here is the paint im doing. Will have more accents when i start taping.

heres a set of pics until shes in the paint booth. this shop im renting isnt working very well so thats why its bare. im going to build a building next year so I'm just using it for the time being

havent found any rot other than in the cabin door, and engine hatch.
Thanks for the update,
Looks like you have your hands full with this one,it will look good when done that's for sure takes a lot of work to get them there! I am in wayyyy more than I anticipated.....
Old 04-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Registered

Thanks! Ya honestly I'm into it exactly where I thought. The only problem where I'm going to have issues is the dash. Way too many wires for my liking. How is it over your head? Your having someone else do everything pretty much? lol
Old 04-18-2014, 05:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 315duramax
Thanks! Ya honestly I'm into it exactly where I thought. The only problem where I'm going to have issues is the dash. Way too many wires for my liking. How is it over your head? Your having someone else do everything pretty much? lol

If I had to pay somebody to do all this work I would have just spent another 35,000 and bought a different boat LOL...

As far as the wires in the dash, I hear you there man that's a lot of wires...

I do all the work myself that I can,basically all labor on me, pulled out interior sent to upholstery shop, although he does want to put back in himself he wants to make sure everything lines up right as far as the side panel interior lining up with the back set ect..... Boat is sitting in my toasty warm shop and has been I am able to work on when I have slow days.

My costs overages came in when the loser I bought boat from claimed he had winterized and I was all set to go, well guess what he did not do it properly and I had two frozen fuel pumps. Those fuel pumps are not cheap!

Also I did not plan on rebuilding a 496 with 83 hours on engine because of a stuck valve. Good news is engine goes back in in two weeks.

Another thing is I am so damn anal I had pretty much every chip and scratch in the fiberglass repaired and I also updated the vents on engine hatch, and repainted the back top deck of boat,I do not know how to do fiberglass work and spent a few more $$ then I thought on that.

That's great you are able to stay exactly where you thought it seems there is always some sort of surprise when redoing a boat.

Cannot wait to see yours done!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Been here done this on a Cafe all labor on me stripped it to bare hull repainted it and reassembled. Fresh motors drives engine hatch ect. It always goes above planned budget that is with out question. I had 540 tall decks full steering updated dash ect. It's a lot if work and money. If you have access to a machine shop some parts are non existent so that is you only option. The cabin door latch is one thing that comes to mind.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I love how young enthusiasm = expertise in this new era of keyboard commandoism.
Back in my day, one had to actually back BS up in person.

As I've advised Phil/315duramax before: (paraphrasing)
"it would be great if you came here to OSO to learn; instead of teach...
...there's a lot you could gain from this community and your past and current approach is a turn-off to those who could help you."

I wouldn't tow my lawmower with one of those aluminum drawbars.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522291[/ATTACH]

Do it right, or don't do it all. It's not worth the risk.

http://www.curtmfg.com/Category/153/Ball%20Mounts
Attached Thumbnails teaser-img_0289.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-19-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.