Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Bullet Full Cover >

Bullet Full Cover

Notices

Bullet Full Cover

Old 05-28-2014, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a full Sunbrella cover but it stopped at just below rub rail. It was heavy as hell and you have to retreat it which if I remember right ended up being around $200 every 2-3 years. The Aqualon is alot lighter but not as durable as the Sunbrella. I find myself laying towels down over cleats and cockpit snaps so they don't go through the material. Probably me being too anal!
I don't think you can go wrong either way.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Registered

Sunbrella has a new water proof product that looks pretty nice also. Yours looks pretty nice good luck.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eightsecmopar
Had a full cover made for my Bullet, I had one made from Sunbrella but it didn't cover the sides. This one weights about half of the Sunbrella and I don't have to waterproof it.
How many yards of aqualon did it take for your cover?
Old 06-13-2014, 05:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,038 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Nice cover, still loking for one for the Gun, Anal LOL padded straps on the hull,

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 06-13-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wayne272
How many yards of aqualon did it take for your cover?
I will have to look at the invoice, I don't remember.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I have 3 covers for my boat. Full cover, bow cover, and cockpit cover. All made from Aqualon. This year, I had all 3 covers on, and the boat sat outside from November till now. Went thru rain, snow, sub zero temps, high winds, more rain, etc. This is the first time I ever left my boat outside for the winter. I uncovered everything this spring, thinking I would find some wet carpet, mold, who knows what. But, what I found, was a clean and dry boat! I've slept on my boat during some monsoon rain storms, cockpit cover didn't drip at all. And it dries off real fast too. About 15 minutes after a soaking, its ready to be removed and folded up and tucked away.

Only thing I can tell about this Aqualon, is I can see it possibly not lasting that long. My covers are going on 4-5 years old now. Still in good shape and all, but almost seems like its starting to "dry" out a little. Other than that though, I love its water proofness, and its so light!!
Attached Thumbnails Bullet Full Cover-img_2210.jpg   Bullet Full Cover-img_2212.jpg  
Old 06-14-2014, 07:32 AM
Registered

They used 38 yards of material to make the cover.

Joe, over the 5 years did the red fade at all? I was thinking of using the red and I figured it would fade. Nice covers, they look like they fit real nice.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Clyde, I do think they have faded a bit. I just pressure washed the cockpit cover, and it came out looking good. The cover was getting dust/dirt embedded in it that made it look kinda greyish. But after a pressure washing it looks alot closer to new now.

My cockpit cover has a vent sewed into it, which is prob the way to go with this material. I may end up getting a new cover made soon though for the cockpit. When we made the engine hatches, we kinda forgot about the cover fitting. It works, but theres a few snaps that just wont reach now. Plus, I want to install the factory wind deflecter on the Fairing, so would need a pocket sewn in for that. Prob best to just get a whole new cover made for it. I would like to get a zipper sewn in for easy in/out when at the dock, but not sure how that works with this material. Sonic700's zipper in his cover is really nice to have.