Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
To Broker Or Not To Broker..?? >

To Broker Or Not To Broker..??

Notices

To Broker Or Not To Broker..??

Old 04-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

List it w/PBC would be my recommendation. You have a full service dealer and a central location in the center of the country on LOTO. Thousands upon thousands visit LOTO during the boating season. PBC will likely have the nicest waterfront location/showroom (new RHYC) in the country (catering to Performance Boats) to view & demo a boat. The guys who operate the shop have extensive experience with sales & service.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

List it with national liquidators

Sold most my boats that way... And even made money on a couple

They get more eye balls as people don't go there for a particular boat, but browse for deals... But they usually sell for retail
Old 05-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wnelles
I used a broker (Marc Jacob) to sell my last two Cigarettes. Both deals went very smooth and I would use him again.
You should use him to try and find you a boat now!!!!! Summer is around the corner!!!!!
Old 05-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Found the boat I want just don't want to be stuck with both and PBC doesn't want mine on a trade.... If I cant sell it ill run it for another year..
Old 05-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfarmer
Found the boat I want just don't want to be stuck with both and PBC doesn't want mine on a trade.... If I cant sell it ill run it for another year..
I find it hard to believe they don't want your boat on trade. I'd venture to say that they didn't value your boat the same that you do. Dealers have to make money too.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Nope Didn't even throw any numbers my way... "Said the boat is too loud for LOTO and would have a hay day writing noise tickets" even offered to sell without power.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigfarmer
Nope Didn't even throw any numbers my way... "Said the boat is too loud for LOTO and would have a hay day writing noise tickets" even offered to sell without power.
Odd, the team at PBC never batted an eye when selling my TopGun and it ran 750NA motors on dry tails. I've seen several boats in there that were over the top loud. Maybe PBC joined greenpeace and is now being environmentally conscientious or you could have been so high on what you wanted they didn't offer you anything at the risk of insulting you. I'm sure there's more to the story.

Anyway, if you found the 39 you want, go get her. Sweet boats IMO and on my list to own someday once I get all my pennies gathered up. Good luck in your search and finding the right venue in selling your current ride.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Odd, the team at PBC never batted an eye when selling my TopGun and it ran 750NA motors on dry tails. I've seen several boats in there that were over the top loud. Maybe PBC joined greenpeace and is now being environmentally conscientious or you could have been so high on what you wanted they didn't offer you anything at the risk of insulting you. I'm sure there's more to the story.

Anyway, if you found the 39 you want, go get her. Sweet boats IMO and on my list to own someday once I get all my pennies gathered up. Good luck in your search and finding the right venue in selling your current ride.
NA ain't BLOWN... cant even hear a na engine running beside a blown one!!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by adk61
NA ain't BLOWN... cant even hear a na engine running beside a blown one!!
Yep, sounds right. Big cube high compression NA motors are silent. They remind me of a 330hp 454.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Yep, sounds right. Big cube high compression NA motors are silent. They remind me of a 330hp 454.
relax there HOT SHOT!! I'm not dissing your engine, just pointing out that there is a major DB difference in a big CID HP blown engine compared to that of a BIG HP NA engine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.