Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
90 MPH Top Gun >

90 MPH Top Gun

Notices

90 MPH Top Gun

Old 09-13-2014, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Dougs Top Gun, is my favorite old school Gun of all time. Just an awesome machine. It is the real deal.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Saw your boat in Key West a few years ago. Thing was insanely nice. Drew a lot of attention at the docks too.
are you sure it was that boat and not the 90 mph lookalike with the side by side, white sixes and psi blowers? it's usually there in front of the gallion, it too is a beautiful gun but not a real "90"
Old 09-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 3,099 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by cig92
are you sure it was that boat and not the 90 mph lookalike with the side by side, white sixes and psi blowers? it's usually there in front of the gallion, it too is a beautiful gun but not a real "90"
You know what? You're absolutely right. Now that you mentioned it, it was that boat. I saw your white drives and I thought it was the same boats, but it was a #6 boat. It was a few years ago and I may have been a little intoxicated

Still absolutely love your boat.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:01 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I've never been to Key West with my boat while I've had it but I know it was there when Ben owned it. I heard he had a truck following it through the keys with 55 gal drums of race fuel. Crazy lol. I've seen pictures of the side by side T/G with the 90MPH paint in Key West. Beautiful Boat. Believe it has made several trips there with the FPBC.
Thanks for the compliments on mine. It's really been a fun boat and with all the attention around the dock and on the water it's very cool.
I hate this time of year because in the next few weeks or so it will be time to winterize and put her up for the winter. Are days in Indiana now are in the mid 60's and a few nights in the 40's. Thinking about doing the Cincinnati to Louisville run for the last trip in a couple weeks. It's just over 200 miles round trip on the Ohio River. Hopefully the leaves will be turning and it will be a beautiful trip cruising the river with about 30 other boats making the trip.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH Top Gun-124.jpg  
Old 09-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

MRPs 90 MPH TopGun, 1000s over 5s, totally rebuilt.
Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH Top Gun-image.jpg   90 MPH Top Gun-image.jpg  
Old 09-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
MRPs 90 MPH TopGun, 1000s over 5s, totally rebuilt.
that boat is just down right beautiful! the attention to detail is what i love. it's nice to see these older special pieces be restored and brought back to their glory. i would much rather walk around the poker run village in key west looking at these boats than the new ones any day of the week. i love looking for the details that people put into their boats, it shows the true passion and love for them. i know the work and money that goes into them, i've been there and done that lol.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Doug;4173454]I happen to know of one and it could be for sale. I don't get to use her as much as I want to. Been up on Lake Michigan twice this year and thinking about PIB and Lake Cumberland P/R to finish out the year. I have picked up another interest and hate to but might let her go. She is in inside storage all covered up and ready to go. If your really serious let me know.

Doug Sullivan
765-506-0672

[ATTACH=CONFIG]528037[/ATTACH][/QUOTE

looks like the ''NEXT'' boat ,,he had white drives staggered #6's i thought..I know it was staggered just not sure about the drives.. old owner owned a steel company and had a freek accident and dies in his vehicle,,then i never saw the boat again..rumors was 1500 hp a side and the boat went 119 mph..

Last edited by FIXX; 09-15-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:23 AM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Yes that was Ben's boat ( NEXT ) but it had #5's with box's back then and now. Tres had it going 113mph with 1150hp at Lake X. I think all the guys are talking 113 with 1150HP-1200HP and no one I've talked to has gone past that. Not bad to a flat bottom Cig.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doug
Yes that was Ben's boat ( NEXT ) but it had #5's with box's back then and now. Tres had it going 113mph with 1150hp at Lake X. I think all the guys are talking 113 with 1150HP-1200HP and no one I've talked to has gone past that. Not bad to a flat bottom Cig.
that is,,yes the rumors are true about the truck and racing fuel..lol... also did the same thing on lake mi..Randy at powerbroker use to maintain the boat for ben..i didnot want to mention his name,,you either knew him or you didnt..do you remember Frankie's aka hollywood's 38 tg with hawk with na 700's..man back in the day i remember having to cut his head studs with a sawzall to get the heads off the engine's..salt water seized them to the studs....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.