Notices

42 tiger info

Old 09-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Relaxing
not everyone is concerned about top speed but rather a better ride quality
+1[/QUOTE]

I'm not concerned about doing 100 in the rough but being able to do 70-75 in anything the ocean can throw at me and ride like a caddy is what i'm looking for.
I do love the cockpit and cabin in my boat as I spend the weekends on it and can get a slip in any marina for the night without an issue, not sure if the 42 will be the same.
I also trailer my boat on the weekends (hoping the extra 6' isn't a problem)
It would help if the tiger owners could let me know if they like their boats or should I look for a 38TG
Thanks
Old 09-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by SkaterMike82
The last statement I would agree with you but like I said before what fun would that be having to ALWAYS know that your drives might snap if you go jumping and having to hit the throttles softly when returning to the water but hey what do I know. Good luck outlw36 if you purchases it they like big water.
Not everyone can afford a number 6 boat or even nxt's, so what is everyone suppose do? Not buy boats? Xr's are not that bad with stock power like 500 or 525efi's. As for this tiger, I'm local to it and have never seen it. My buddy is going to call on it this week as well.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had a 42' with 6 drives. I'm on the left coast and running in the pacific with a boat that heavy bravos won't hold up long at all. There's no such thing as taking it easy in this water. I've also had a 46' and a 38' Top Gun. The Top Gun rides very well, better than most boats it's size. It didn't ride as well as the Tiger and Rough Rider but it was my all around favorite and I had it the longest. They handle some big water and are much easier to trailer, don't need as big a dock space and there's a lot of other advantages. When you go to sell it, as long as you don't have a ridiculous price or ugly paint job on it, they sell fast, faster than 42's. Not sure what you're running right now but if it's the 36' Baja, you'll notice a big difference just going to a Top Gun and probably be very happy. Try to get a twin step. And if you go for the 42 anyway, make sure you have the truck to pull it with. Good luck
Old 09-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
I've had a 42' with 6 drives. I'm on the left coast and running in the pacific with a boat that heavy bravos won't hold up long at all. There's no such thing as taking it easy in this water. I've also had a 46' and a 38' Top Gun. The Top Gun rides very well, better than most boats it's size. It didn't ride as well as the Tiger and Rough Rider but it was my all around favorite and I had it the longest. They handle some big water and are much easier to trailer, don't need as big a dock space and there's a lot of other advantages. When you go to sell it, as long as you don't have a ridiculous price or ugly paint job on it, they sell fast, faster than 42's. Not sure what you're running right now but if it's the 36' Baja, you'll notice a big difference just going to a Top Gun and probably be very happy. Try to get a twin step. And if you go for the 42 anyway, make sure you have the truck to pull it with. Good luck
I can't agree with you anymore especially "There's no such thing as taking it easy in this water" that was awesome.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
Not everyone can afford a number 6 boat or even nxt's, so what is everyone suppose do? Not buy boats? Xr's are not that bad with stock power like 500 or 525efi's. As for this tiger, I'm local to it and have never seen it. My buddy is going to call on it this week as well.
The boat was traded in and came from the east coast that's why I was hoping someone new it. I think it was in Maine.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I've had a 42' with 6 drives. I'm on the left coast and running in the pacific with a boat that heavy bravos won't hold up long at all. There's no such thing as taking it easy in this water.
Spoken like a true offshore boater!!

Broken gimble on a #6? Yea, we did that. It sure is nice to run sh1t the way god meant to run it offshore. #6 tiger and blown 1000's in big water....it's pretty much nervana for a powerboat enthusiast.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
It's not a "#6 boat" people usually can't afford. It's the fact the drives are usually connected to something in the high HP blown range which equals big $$$
Old 09-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

Broken gimble on a #6? Yea, we did that. It sure is nice to run sh1t the way god meant to run it offshore. #6 tiger and blown 1000's in big water....it's pretty much nervana for a powerboat enthusiast.
Didn't actually break the gimble, just knocked it loose lol
Old 09-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Registered

Didn't actually break the gimble, just knocked it loose lol
When you hang it out so long that you're actually asking yourself when you're going to land....well, yea, probably something's gonna break. Lol
Old 09-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

Hi Tim. Hi Tank.

Yeah, that's why I said bravos and 42 tigers don't mix! Actually, I think it was both of you that told me that!

I got a ride in Kenny Boyce's Tiger once. Man, that was a nice boat.

My main reason for my boating addiction is to run hard in the Pacific. There is just nothing like jumping those big rollers and getting some serious hang time! If I have to go slow there is no point in being out there. That's why me next boat has to be a wave crusher.

Tank, didn't your signature line used to be something like, "It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can go in 5 footers!"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.