Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
What is your opinion of a "clean" boat? >

What is your opinion of a "clean" boat?

Notices

What is your opinion of a "clean" boat?

Old 10-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts
Default What is your opinion of a "clean" boat?

so i got a text today telling me about how clean a boat was that is for sale right now. i almost pissed my pants. And to top it all off the sellers description is way worse than what you guys are beating up Phil for. lets hear some stories about "clean" boats. pics welcome.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I consider my Sonic a "clean" boat.

Has never been stored out doors, cleaned inside and out after every use, waxed once a month, and has no marks, tears, stains, or any other blemish type marks.

Any boat like that is "clean" in my book.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know how to define "clean", but I know it when I see it.

I watched my mother in laws boat get beat to chit by my brother in law. He never covered it, spilled booze all over it, just chucked crap down in the cabin. The final straw was when he missed a marker and cleaned the entire bravo 3 off the bottom of the boat. She asked me to sell it after the insurance repair which I agreed to. I had the boat cleaned top to bottom, but you could still tell. I wrote an extremely honest ad and listed the boat in good condition and priced it accordingly. The couple who bought it thought it was the cleanest thing they ever saw. They were sure it was nearly brand new and couldn't believe the deal they were getting. Had it been me I would have looked at that boat and run.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess the same can be said for the descriptions.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usually it's hard to describe a clean boat...untill you actually own a clean boat!

I'll even admit my current Checkmate isnt near as clean as my previous Scarab...both boats show well, get compliments and are kept indoors - my Scarab just aged really well and was "spot-less"
Old 10-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Mine [ATTACH=CONFIG]530205[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails What is your opinion of a "clean" boat?-img_1212.jpg  
Old 10-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

here is a Time capsule cream puff original owner( which is a lie) side by side top gun that i looked at a few weeks ago after my deal fell through in florida. I was a nice guy and pointed out the things that would need attention even after we disagreed on price. not being a d!ck just giving him a heads up. he decided to start insulting my boat after i showed him some pics. kinda pissed me off. anyway one of the things i pointed out was the stb trim tab that was 1/4 inch away from the transom and i was spinning the washers on the bolts i said you might wanna have that transom looked at. he was insistant that the boat was perfect and spotless. here is a pic.. what ya think about the rust line running down the transom[ATTACH=CONFIG]530208[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]530209[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails What is your opinion of a "clean" boat?-018.jpg   What is your opinion of a "clean" boat?-017.jpg  
Old 10-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow ....anything loose on the transom concerns me - some people just are set in the "my stuff is perfect" way of thinking regardless of reality.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
here is a Time capsule cream puff original owner( which is a lie) side by side top gun that i looked at a few weeks ago after my deal fell through in florida. I was a nice guy and pointed out the things that would need attention even after we disagreed on price. not being a d!ck just giving him a heads up. he decided to start insulting my boat after i showed him some pics. kinda pissed me off. anyway one of the things i pointed out was the stb trim tab that was 1/4 inch away from the transom and i was spinning the washers on the bolts i said you might wanna have that transom looked at. he was insistant that the boat was perfect and spotless. here is a pic.. what ya think about the rust line running down the transom[ATTACH=CONFIG]530208[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]530209[/ATTACH]
in addition to this cream puff, the headliner was all stained from mold, all chrome was green corrosion, every piece of aluminum was bubbling or had no paint left on it (from bolsters bases to the platform). the bottom of the boat was covered in sea creatures, he had no idea what cu. in. the motors where or when they where rebuilt last. one had different heads on it. drives, tabs corroded, indicator cables were rotted right through. this list could go on and on and it was described as a time piece, cream puff with "as new" interior and paint lol. i was baffled to say the least
Old 10-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

The seller and buyer need to seperate mechanical/physical condition from cosmetic condition and from bling factor during discussions. Stating you can eat off the engine is B.S. to me, anyone can clean an engine compartment but few can properly build and/or maintain the engines in that compartment. In an odd way a like new boat scares me as much as an older worn one.
ed
Old 10-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

after numerous conversation and pictures I drove down to Homestead Florida 2 years ago to bring back a mint 38,,came back with a empty truck and a 900 fuel bill..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.