Konrads on a TopGun >

Konrads on a TopGun

Notices

Konrads on a TopGun

Old 12-05-2014, 08:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Yes to both, but keep in mind I didn't get new lowers. I like the outlook for the XR lowers so Im giving it a try. Frick, realistically you can by the upper conversion kit from Diamond perf for just over 10K per side, add in the transom assemblies and shipping and viola' its not really as expensive as one would think. I have 2 merc HP transom assemblies in great shape for sale now as well.

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 12-05-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Gotcha, that does not sound bad at all.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
i got all my parts, complete transom assemblies, helmets, drive resevoirs uppers etc for about 60% of that. And no fiberglass work to do at all. Nothing against them just comparison numbers for those that asked.
are all your parts new? sounds cheap for two complete new hp bravo drive assemblies

reading the arneson add they are not 50K either so that makes a difference, how much less they sell for? the arneson also claims not glass work required and of course you gain speed with the arneson over the parts you purchased
Old 12-08-2014, 08:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

yes, everything is new, imco transom assembly back including uppers, helmets, and drive bottles. reusing my xr lowers.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So, being the comparison was made, what would the cost complete have been for everything new? You mentioned glass work but there is not glass work to deal with with the Arneson #7M Kits either and the kits don't even "List" for $50K on the Arneson side.

Rik
Old 12-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
So, being the comparison was made, what would the cost complete have been for everything new? You mentioned glass work but there is not glass work to deal with with the Arneson #7M Kits either and the kits don't even "List" for $50K on the Arneson side.

Rik
That is what I was quoted from that place in New york, he has done several conversions, that price did include labor.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Rik

Rik
My comparison was my price to his, nothing more nothing less. I dont know what your drives cost as I didn't look at them, for them or price them.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:52 AM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik

Rik
Hello Rik, I have read many threads where you insinuate that you will give better pricing than "list" price. I talked to you at the Miami boat show and your classified adds show 25k a side... What price can one honestly get a set for? Because I have priced out wet 6's and it just seems like a cheaper option for me...

Thanks
Old 12-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Registered

I have been reading this post. Even though my 1994 Cigarette Top Gun with Arneson Drives is for sale in the classified, it makes me sick to my stomach to think if I actually sell it. I am thinking of keeping it now. Not sure. This is why. Bad to the bone!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPZXOcJqOrY
Old 12-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by soggy bottom
That is what I was quoted from that place in New york, he has done several conversions, that price did include labor.
With LABOR that is probably correct then. Not a bad price to R&R two engines and such.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.