Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Very nice work and project, thanks for sharing

Jon
Old 03-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

It's a great boat, always loved that boat. Got to she her when she was brand new in 93 up at the Pier 33 poker run in St Joe Michigan . Nice work guys.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...meanwhile, back to our story. The decision to go with extension boxes for the Six drives meant néw driveshafts. Our man Colabella recommended a driveshaft builder in Orlando, so we measured everything and placed our order. ZP made sure the drive angles were within specs and all the bolt patterns were correct.
Attached Thumbnails One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg   One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg   One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg  

Old 03-14-2015, 08:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

At this point in our story, I took a hard left turn. While waiting on parts to be built, I decided to fix a paint issue that had been bugging me for quite a while. Lock & Load's paint renovation was the result of the considerable talents of Chris Cruz Artistry. Chris did all the art and I had the clear coat applied "back at home". BIG mistake! We were constantly experiencing de-lamination issues with our clear. So, while we had the chance, the boat went back to Chris' shop for a proper clear coat job. Thank you Chris for not saying " I told you so!"
Attached Thumbnails One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg  
Old 03-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

To take full advantage of Chris' talents, I had him "amp up" the foredeck logo. This guy is GOOD!
Old 03-14-2015, 09:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

While the boat was "in paint" we worked on the Six hardware. Lots of refinishing.
Attached Thumbnails One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg   One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg   One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg  

Old 03-14-2015, 09:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Sixes we traded for came with MASSIVE tie bar set up. As Lock & Load is a stagger set up, the bar was way too long. ZP arranged to have it cut down and machined to our specs.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sixes on boxes are LONG. I decided to modify the swim platform while we were updating everything else at the stern. Our local aluminum builder fabricated a platform frame mod with a new top plate and our artist Chris designed art to tie in with his overall paint design.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

With beautiful new clear coat and foredeck logo, the boat came back to the ZP boat house, ready for some new drives!!
Attached Thumbnails One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg   One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg  
Old 03-14-2015, 09:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The inner transom brackets on the Sixes are much beefier (thicker) than the number Five hardware we removed. That required modification of the driveshaft covers. Old ends were removed, new pieces fabricated in cardboard and test fitted. Once ZP was happy with "the fit", aluminum was cut, fitted and welded.
Attached Thumbnails One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg   One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.