Notices

Cafe Resto

Old 01-11-2016, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jsand117
I tried lip ship but the person I talked to said he did not know on such an old boat?
I spoke to Phil on the phone when I owned the boat. He actually remembered the boat from when he sold it in 2000. I bet he knows....

Start a build thread Jim!
Old 01-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by 242LS
I spoke to Phil on the phone when I owned the boat. He actually remembered the boat from when he sold it in 2000. I bet he knows....

Start a build thread Jim!
make sure you name the build thread "cafe racer TEASER 2"
Old 04-16-2016, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Been busy at work trying to save the company so have not logged in much recently.

Transom is pretty much all cut out now. The entire sides & the middle was was practically dust. The bottom center was soaking wet. the two outside stringers look to be rotted about 2-3' back, so we are going to replace them with the Coosa board too. The center & inner stringers look to be solid still, along with the bottom. Next weekend i will try to get the bad stringers cut out & get the get the transom prepped for the replacement.

Multiple pics of the mess:

Old 04-17-2016, 07:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

Dont give up! The tough part is almost over! Lots more fun when rebuilding !
Old 04-17-2016, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Ouch. That's crazy.

Not the end of the world. It'll be good as new when you're done. Buddy had his cafe transom rebuilt. 10k it cost him. At least you're saving a "boat load" of money
Old 04-17-2016, 12:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Ouch. That's crazy.

Not the end of the world. It'll be good as new when you're done. Buddy had his cafe transom rebuilt. 10k it cost him. At least you're saving a "boat load" of money
I needed to save a boat load because i still need to dump multiple boat loads into it!

I'm just glad it held together. Blowing out the transom & sinking would have really ruined my Shootout weekend.
Old 04-17-2016, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

My Cafe years ago.. Great boat[ATTACH=CONFIG]554298[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Cafe Resto-photo2.jpg  
Old 04-17-2016, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got an 87 cafe at LOTO now, all original, and I'm redoing everything drive related hanging off the back of the boat. I thought I had a big job....but it's nothing compared to this. I admire the do-it-yourselfers. I'm doing mine because a few places at LOTO wanted between 4 and 6k for repairs when the parts have only cost me $1100 (all Mercury parts too). Hmm. I think I'm in the wrong business! Too bad you're in KC, I'd love to see this work in person and actually help out. Could all come in handy if I ever have to get into mine like that....

Let me know when you get her back together and floating again......we'll have to have a Cafe rendezvous!
Old 05-23-2016, 10:46 AM
Registered

Took advantage of the weather this weekend to work on the hull.

Graphics had to go!

After the holiday I'll start prepping it so the glass guy can fix the hundred spots on this thing that need addressed.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Registered

Figured i would post more updates of things that have been going on.

Glass guy started to address the hull. The bow needed some tlc. Many gelcoat cracks that ran a pretty good distance so ground down for repair.

Strakes being prepped

I also now have all the external fittings removed. The front side bow waste & water, sink, shore power, fresh water, & pump out fittings are being filled for more clean look. The rear & side cleats being replaced with pop ups, fronts were done a year or so ago.

Bought a new toy for the dash

Received my new heads up trim indicators. They are similar to the ones below except mine have two LED's; red (for running at night) & a purple (when sitting at dock & pimpin). I removed the compass & will have a carbon fiber cover plate made. Pics below are example from another Cig, not mine obviously.

Vince texted me a pic of the progress he has made on the hatch. Still needs to fill in the side vents, blend the new top to the original & cut the front air inlet's. But i am thrilled to see it coming along.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.