Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
One of my favorite cigs of all time for sale. Bad azz!! >

One of my favorite cigs of all time for sale. Bad azz!!

Notices

One of my favorite cigs of all time for sale. Bad azz!!

Old 04-28-2015, 09:17 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Schulte
A couple interesting stories,

When I met Kelly I had that Cafe that was bought and paid for. It was perfect! Tank and I had allot of fun in that boat. That was the days SCOPE was rocking and not full of a bunch of perpetrators! I took my now wife out on our third date on the Cafe from Newport to LB. I will never forget her saying "Is that as fast as you can go?" (uphill in 3 footers doing 70mph. I thought was pretty good!) Damn! might have to keep this girl!

Cafe got sold and off to Miami for "Out of Control".

When I sea-trialed "Out of Control" Philly spun it up to 104mph, when we slowed down he looked at me and said "Don't Ever Run This Boat That Fast With Her (Kelly) In It"

It took me years to figure out how to get it to 103mph! It is a driver's boat.

In the Scope Jump video I slowed down so I could even up with "Hot For Teacher" to make a good end to the video. Kelly was in the Chopper so I new
she would get the drag race at the end. "Out of Control" has half the power Tom's boat does and only goes 10 mph slower than Tom's TG (114). His boat with six's pull's hard so it made for a great part of the video.

In regards to gas milage: Tom "Hot for Teacher" and I went to San Francisco from Discovery Bay years back at a Big Cat Poker Run, He burnt $1400 of fuel that day and I burnt $750. We laughed about that while eating ice cream Junkyard bought us at the fuel dock on the way home.
1:36 gears and a higher X from shorties makes "Out of Control" very efficient, relatively speaking

I had lunch with Philly on Saturday and we were talking about "Out of Control's" Tunnel Ram/Cam set-up that that makes that boat sound like a dragster.

I still miss that sound and seeing sweat on the Tunnel Rams!

Kevin
Great stories about a great boat. Thanks for dropping by to post. See you at Lanier, if not sooner.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey Kevin, how are things in FL?

I have a great story of the the first day Kevin got the boat back to CA. I went up to his house and we unwrapped it and then he asked if we should take it out. I wasn't about to say no so he called up Kelly and we went out to Channel islands. I'll let Kevin tell the story but it was big water and the thrill of a life time.

I wish I had the money to buy it as I have a lot of seat time in it and a couple of times behind the sticks. And then I could finally keep up with Tom!
Old 05-16-2015, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 3,013 Likes on 987 Posts

Just saw Jeff pulling it down to the launch ramp about 20 minutes ago. All I can say is Gawd Dayum!!! That boat is just dead sexy and shines like a new penny!!
Old 07-14-2015, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Still for sale, asking 151k but entertaining offers. For those who look to finance, there's financing available with approved credit. We can also make arrangements to have the boat delivered.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

I've been thinking about this boat for a long time. So if anyone wants mine lets get this chit done!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

I heard its on its way to LOTO
Old 08-25-2015, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They all end up here.....at one time or another.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 3,013 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOWRIDE-388
They all end up here.....at one time or another.
Sure does seem like it's the ending point of many a nice west coast boat, that's for sure.