Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Please fuel system help need for whipples... >

Please fuel system help need for whipples...

Notices

Please fuel system help need for whipples...

Old 06-15-2015, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by tcwcar
thanks everyone for the info, icdedppl do you have any ball valves in your setup to shut the fuel off if needed? I also have a by pass regulator on each motor, the whipple kit recommend you run the fuel back too the tank, but they also send you a fuel cooler to loop it through the cooler and back to the fuel/water filter if you cant get to the tank, all 4 ports in the tank have a 1/2 tube in them that goes to the bottom of the tank and they don't look like they come out, just thought if I return the fuel to one of the port in each tank is it going to aerate the fuel that's being picked up from the bottom of the feed tube.. also do I need to use the cross over, or can I just have one tank for one motor and one tank for the other one....

Rob how's your project coming along, are you dynoing your motors, I'm trying to get the guy that's working your stuff to dyno my motors, I think its Dave right, was waiting to here from him, but they told me he was out of town.

mmb I wish I would have seen them before I put my interior back together, I have to tear everything back apart to get to the hose to the fill and than its still questionable if I can get to them...

heres some pics of the return regs, and fuel lines[ATTACH=CONFIG]542109[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]542110[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]542111[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]542112[/ATTACH]
Yes, Dave at MDG, and he just got back in town mid last week. i just got the boat down to him and we should be dynoing later this week early next. He got bombarded in April and May getting all his slip holders up and running as March was still cold. Mine have always been routed back into the fuel filter bracket. Keeps it nice and Tidy. Dave an I also came up with a pretty cool self contained fuel filter and cool fuel that mounts below in the front and stays with engine as one whole unit.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Yes, Dave at MDG, and he just got back in town mid last week. i just got the boat down to him and we should be dynoing later this week early next. He got bombarded in April and May getting all his slip holders up and running as March was still cold. Mine have always been routed back into the fuel filter bracket. Keeps it nice and Tidy. Dave an I also came up with a pretty cool self contained fuel filter and cool fuel that mounts below in the front and stays with engine as one whole unit.
I'd like to see pics of your setup for the fuel Rob if you got any, This is what I'm thinking of doing I'm going to out of the tank and (one tank for each motor}, get rid of the cross overs, # 10 from tank, to the water/ filter, #10 from out of filter to the pump, #10 out of pump to fuel rail, # 10 out the other side of fuel rail to regulator, # 6 out of regulator by pass, now its is the part I'm not sure of...If I'm going back to the tank with #6, or If I'm going to a fuel cooler from the fuel regulator by pass with #6 out of the cooler with #6 back to a open fuel IN port on the fuel water/filter... I would like to go back to the top of the tank but I cant get the tubes out of the cross over pick ups and I've read on here, its not good to put fuel back in the tank with the pic up tube in, pushing the fuel in the bottom of the tank, it can aerate the fuel going to the pickup that supplies the motor, my instruction say your first choice should be to go back to the tank, if you cant go the tank than use the fuel coolers supplied in the kit from whipple, my main question with the ladder setup is it ok to go from out of the cooler to a open IN port on the fuel water/ filter head, the instructions say put a tee in some were before the pump, but why I cant I just go to a open port on the filter...I guess maybe I should call Dustin..

Last edited by tcwcar; 06-17-2015 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I had a company make me a cool fuel with bigger lines for the 20, much better than what is out there from Merc.