Whats it Worth?

Notices

Whats it Worth?

Old 07-20-2015, 09:49 AM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
That was nearly a full season ago. Did that boat sell, and if so, at what price?
Clean used boat inventory is dwindling, not expanding. I would definitely not list that boat at $85K. I'm thinking Glassdave's number is a bit more appropriate and the actual sale number depends on how much time you spend examining all the work done on the boat.
Was just told its still for sale..... Hey i hope he does get 110K for it lol I will sell mine for 90K and go get my Outerlimits!!
Old 07-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don't understand it either, all that time and money spent, and bam a few months later it up for sale, Jasons cig, l_sotreo cig, now air shares cig, another one is the 90mph café with the 632s in it, all great boats, wish they would have been up for sale before I got mine. But hey its good for the painters that painted them, the interior guys, the motor guys so on and so on, and the next new owners...I guess when you pay someone to build and do the project for you, there's no blood and sweat involved, no love for the project and the accomplishment that you make when you do it yourself. I guess when your in that position you just sign the checks and want to know how much longer this is going to take till its done. And please don't take this the wrong way not trying to bash anyone, and sometimes I wish I could do that, but I have to do it myself if I want to play with one of these things, I think the other thing is that when you have one of these boats you need to have friends to run with, it would get old to have a boat like that and run alone all the time, here in the Chesapeake Bay area there are a lot of people to run with, and they run together all the time....I know for me your going to have to pry it from my cold dead hands....Maybe lol...
Old 07-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Registered

Its not that I just signed checks and have no love or appreciation for the boat. I had to work and save up the last 15 years in order to sign the checks for this boat. I always wanted a Top Gun and I do LOVE this boat.
I am not set on selling it, I am thinking about it. I have many reasons for considering a sale. A huge reason is I cant tow this boat and in Southern CA we don't have any indoor dry stacks. I will not let this boat sit and rot outside so my options for storage and use where I live are nil. I sent it to Kemah, TX where I have family and I store it on the lake in a dry stack with fuel, mx and plenty to do on the water. I see the boat about 4 times a year. Everyone I run with out there has CC's.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by airshares
Its not that I just signed checks and have no love or appreciation for the boat. I had to work and save up the last 15 years in order to sign the checks for this boat. I always wanted a Top Gun and I do LOVE this boat.
I am not set on selling it, I am thinking about it. I have many reasons for considering a sale. A huge reason is I cant tow this boat and in Southern CA we don't have any indoor dry stacks. I will not let this boat sit and rot outside so my options for storage and use where I live are nil. I sent it to Kemah, TX where I have family and I store it on the lake in a dry stack with fuel, mx and plenty to do on the water. I see the boat about 4 times a year. Everyone I run with out there has CC's.
What part of Southern Ca? The Dunes in Newport Beach offers rack storage. But that is basically the only place I know of.

If you don't really care to sell it then yea start at 110k. You're going to sit on it at that price but maybe the buyer that absolutely has to have it will come along.

Boat is GORGEOUS! But the market is the market and it's just like dumping money into any hobby...You never get the money back out.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
what part of southern ca? The dunes in newport beach offers rack storage. But that is basically the only place i know of.

If you don't really care to sell it then yea start at 110k. You're going to sit on it at that price but maybe the buyer that absolutely has to have it will come along.

Boat is gorgeous! But the market is the market and it's just like dumping money into any hobby...you never get the money back out.
bingo!
Old 07-20-2015, 08:17 PM
Registered

Dunes doesnt offer rack storage. In fact the Dunes wont even store it for me on trailer as they say the largest they can accomdate is 36'.
Bellport at Lido is the only Dry stack with valet service but its Outdoors. There is no indoor rack storage woth launch services around here.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:41 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by airshares
Dunes doesnt offer rack storage. In fact the Dunes wont even store it for me on trailer as they say the largest they can accomdate is 36'.
Bellport at Lido is the only Dry stack with valet service but its Outdoors. There is no indoor rack storage woth launch services around here.
My bad. I was thinking of Lido, not dunes.

Lido doesn't have indoor racks?! Could've sworn they did.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543380[/ATTACH]

Tank nailed it. If I asked Half of what I have in mine you beeeeches would probably laugh me out of here.

We are in it for the FUN and some of THIS ^^^^^^^
Attached Thumbnails Whats it Worth?-img_0632.jpg  
Old 07-21-2015, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
My bad. I was thinking of Lido, not dunes.

Lido doesn't have indoor racks?! Could've sworn they did.
No indoor, I wish. They have a waiting list even if I wanted to go there right now. Oh also they charge about 900 per month plus find storage for the trailer as they wont store that. Kind of a PITA
Old 07-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

The boat is absolutely gorgeous! Unfortunately it is like putting an addition and upgrades in a house that is in a neighborhood of average homes. Most of us that have upgraded our boats will lose money. Some more then others, and the upgrades will help it sell quicker. The buyer will have to consider their resale down the road and I think this is what hurts the straight bottom market. Oh yeah and can stop this CC craze please. I thought it would be over by now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.