New Guy 95 Cafe

Notices

New Guy 95 Cafe

Old 07-28-2015, 09:00 AM
CPM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Biff
Where was that boat hiding?!? I think I cover most of the sites on line and I don't remember seeing that beauty. Love the all white.
You probably had seen it, it had some decal graphics in red that I did not care for the all white seems better to me than the decals. The boat was at GT's for a while it needs some help in the cockpit interior not torn up just old. I will pull engines and cockpit interior this winter for some clean up and changes. Seems the boat has basically sat since 99 with the old owner updating a lot of items but not really used, I was amazed I dint have to really do anything to get it back on the water other than I had to do a jet change they had 99's square I cant see how it even ran the way it did, I took it down to stock HP500 Jetting and runs great like that and the transom stays white. For what it is and what I paid I am extremely happy and ready to rip it apart come winter....

Old 07-28-2015, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice and congratulations!
Old 07-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Ah! I know the boat. Thank god those graphics were vinyl!!! Looks a million times better. Nice, clean boat.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice ride, enjoy
Old 07-28-2015, 03:00 PM
CPM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Ah! I know the boat. Thank god those graphics were vinyl!!! Looks a million times better. Nice, clean boat.
Yes I agree, The guy I bought it from had it for sale a while in So Cal very nice guy seems he just spent a bunch of money on it and wanted it gone gave me a hell of a deal, I seem to do that with olds cars all the time...
Old 07-28-2015, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by CPM
Yes I agree, The guy I bought it from had it for sale a while in So Cal very nice guy seems he just spent a bunch of money on it and wanted it gone gave me a hell of a deal, I seem to do that with olds cars all the time...
I looked at that boat a bunch. It looked super clean and the price seemed very good for all it was. Surprised it hasn't sold quicker. Gary Teague is a straight shooter and does good work. I assume the two things that worked against it selling quicker were those graphics that everyone thought was paint and it's location in so cal

Good buy for sure!
Old 07-29-2015, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CPM
You probably had seen it, it had some decal graphics in red that I did not care for the all white seems better to me than the decals. The boat was at GT's for a while it needs some help in the cockpit interior not torn up just old. I will pull engines and cockpit interior this winter for some clean up and changes. Seems the boat has basically sat since 99 with the old owner updating a lot of items but not really used, I was amazed I dint have to really do anything to get it back on the water other than I had to do a jet change they had 99's square I cant see how it even ran the way it did, I took it down to stock HP500 Jetting and runs great like that and the transom stays white. For what it is and what I paid I am extremely happy and ready to rip it apart come winter....

OK, now I remember the boat. Congratulations! It looks really good in the all white. Enjoy it.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:46 AM
CPM
Registered

Well its winter and I will be pulling the boat apart soon ( January ) soon as I finish up a old Camaro in my shop, I am going to do some mild engine upgrades with some 177 Blowers don't cry they are heat pumps I was a dealer for years and for a mild upgrade they work fine, I rounded up a used pair rebuilt them and changed out the upper pulleys to 2.65 I will pull engines out for a good inspection of transom couplers engine internals etc, Its a 95 Café so I do not want to dump a pile of money into it but enough to make it shine again and it needs a 10mph gain, at 5 psi and no mufflers I think I will be there.

My plans are

Pull engines heads inspect repair freshen as needed change camshafts if needed 177 blowers MSD ignitions, might install aluminum heads not sure yet. Some esthetic clean up remote oil filters wiring etc...

Cockpit reupholster as original cabin is like new 100% perfect

Gel coat needs attention... here is where I am confused.. Keep it White? Half 90 Red, or this... just not sure yet

Old 12-29-2015, 09:05 AM
CPM
Registered

For the engines I have most of the stuff needed already MSD's Blowers timing covers, and I did get some nice billet remote filter mounts from Gellner he had left over from a project, I will be casting up some rear head mount MSD box mounts I have a small foundry and will post up some pics building patterns and casting for some winter reading, I still have plenty of engine bearings and gaskets from the store left over in all sizes so I should be good there also. I am going to keep the power at mild level I do not want to put 40K in drives on a 50K boat, this will be a budget clean up, Ill post pictures as I go.

Blowers cleaned up nice engine is a spare in shop blower just sitting on it while I make some items

Old 12-29-2015, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Great looking Cafe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.