Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
boating season is over , time to repower >

boating season is over , time to repower

Notices

boating season is over , time to repower

Old 09-18-2015, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

He is standing behind it. And we will run it before it goes back in. Too much at stake with what I've blown on those powerplants.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

oops lol
Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Eventually after sometime you get everything worked out (99%) and you`re out there burning gallons per minute and having such a blast fun you end up running out of gas and tow boat tows you in while you`re in the back seat enjoying a nice night.. it make a cruiser seem real boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCFjSszt4mY&feature=youtu.be

Old 09-18-2015, 06:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I bet Mild Thunder would have fixed it for some M&M's .....

LOL ...yeah thats just good ol Lake Michigan beating everything loose. Every other week I`m walking around the boat re-tightning everything.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

you have much more patience then I do, I would have given up long ago... then again maybe not....dude it will get worked out, and you will love it, I know it will pay off for you....

Originally Posted by frickstyle
No, nope, nada!!! Had to pull the Starboard engine after 30minutes of run (and i mean idle) time. Sounded like it was gonna grenade. Pulled engine, pan, heads, etc. Everything looks to be fine. I have no f-in clue now, who knows?

I was once really into it and it's all I could think of. It's pretty much a distant memory and a pipedream at this point. Most fun I had was towing it around and launching it once.

Spent a fortune on a high end build/project, that doesn't run, and I have no answers. I've kind of officially given up and am too disgusted to even care. It's a stupid boat and that's all, nothing more to me.

I've got more important things to worry about than a toy at the end of the day. Business has me pretty occupied and I am pouring my time, energy, and thoughts into that right now. To hell with that boat, not letting it get the best of me by simply walking away from it.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

No, nope, nada!!! Had to pull the Starboard engine after 30minutes of run (and i mean idle) time. Sounded like it was gonna grenade. Pulled engine, pan, heads, etc. Everything looks to be fine. I have no f-in clue now, who knows?

I was once really into it and it's all I could think of. It's pretty much a distant memory and a pipedream at this point. Most fun I had was towing it around and launching it once.

Spent a fortune on a high end build/project, that doesn't run, and I have no answers. I've kind of officially given up and am too disgusted to even care. It's a stupid boat and that's all, nothing more to me.

I've got more important things to worry about than a toy at the end of the day. Business has me pretty occupied and I am pouring my time, energy, and thoughts into that right now. To hell with that boat, not letting it get the best of me by simply walking away from it.
That sucks man. That really does. Hope things turn around for ya with that thing.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:21 AM
Registered

It's cursed, I am positive of that. Makes me skeered to drive it!
Old 09-19-2015, 10:31 AM
Registered

Hey ICED - nice manifolds in the video! Oh yeah, interior looks great too!

We need to do a photo shoot together next season, same paint layouts, it would look neat. You coming here or am I going out there? Or both?
Old 09-19-2015, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Great idea! We need to get Tim to Go Pro us running side by side, that would be killer.
I liked the area, probably be up there again next year, maybe Mild Thunderer will make it up this time too.

Two cigs same paint side by side .. woohoo !! I like that idea
Old 09-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I need to add 20-30 mph to be able to video you guys, or I am jumping on one of yours boats haha, yes Dan will be back and Joe will have to come too...

Great idea! We need to get Tim to Go Pro us running side by side, that would be killer.
I liked the area, probably be up there again next year, maybe Mild Thunderer will make it up this time too.

Two cigs same paint side by side .. woohoo !! I like that idea
Old 09-21-2015, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

It's cursed, I am positive of that. Makes me skeered to drive it!
Every new build has gremlins to chase, if you've only idled the boat, you aren't done chasing them! It sucks and will put you into a deep depression if you let it for sure! BUT... the day you get a full run out of the boat you will be the happiest guy on earth!....... If that was my boat, Id be idling out to the party spots just the way it is... just to take it out! Its beautiful!!