Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Getting out of boating for a while >

Getting out of boating for a while

Notices

Getting out of boating for a while

Old 12-29-2015, 08:15 AM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Say this every week. Wish I didn't buy another boat when the first one sold. Then think this will be very nice when it's done. Then think wow look how much I have spent I'll sale it when it's finished. Then back to nope that will be a huge hit I'll just keep. The back to happy.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

At least for me I just have money that could be much better used else where.

A boat makes me happy but a new biz, house, and wife brings a bigger smile. Once the new biz gets going (hopefully lol) then I can come back and with a boat I really want as the Sonic was never a boat I truly wanted.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
At least for me I just have money that could be much better used else where.

A boat makes me happy but a new biz, house, and wife brings a bigger smile. Once the new biz gets going (hopefully lol) then I can come back and with a boat I really want as the Sonic was never a boat I truly wanted.
Thats kind of where life is going. I want to really start looking at places and a few other things. I will def be back at some point. Even though I want bigger and faster, may even go over to (dont shoot me) a formula ss since I've always liked those boats. Still not a slug and has plenty of amenities. I'll figure it out, but in the meantime Im looking forward to getting into a new place.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I got out of boating for 7 years due to the crash the economy took in 08. I live on the lake so it was difficult but I had no choice. Bought a Top Gun 2 years ago and I thought it was all good and it was really. I wasn't aware of the problems with the headers and lost both motors the last time I took it out this summer. Both motors are at Young Performance being re-built right now to the tune of $38,000 with new headers. I got into the boat at a good price, but that just changed, I had forgotten how expensive this sport could be, but there isn't anything I enjoy more. Best of luck with your sale.I
Old 01-05-2016, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

You may be out some cash but Eddie will take care of you and you will have a great summer, 2016.

Padraig
Old 01-05-2016, 08:27 AM
Registered

Yea that is what makes OSO so great, you get a lot of good info, Eddie was highly recommended, just wasn't planning on spending that kind of cash. It is what it is and as stupid as it sounds I still don't regret getting back into boating.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Bino
Yea that is what makes OSO so great, you get a lot of good info, Eddie was highly recommended, just wasn't planning on spending that kind of cash. It is what it is and as stupid as it sounds I still don't regret getting back into boating.
Are you putting cmi's back on or are you doing stainless marine headers?
Old 01-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
Are you putting cmi's back on or are you doing stainless marine headers?
I'm unsure what to go back with. Cmi's are suppose to be better now, and I like the look but who knows if they are or not? What is your take on it? All I do know is keep an eye on the cheep ass headers.

Last edited by twinscrews; 01-05-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bino
I'm unsure what to go back with. Cmi's are suppose to be better now, and I like the look but who knows if they are or not? What is your take on it? All I do know is keep an eye on the cheep ass headers.
Any imput would be appreciated on headers.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

Buy yourself a 18 foot donzi with a small block and don't do a thing to it other than use it and maintain it

It likes methadone for heroin addicts , cut you back a little at a time.

After 4 years you could throw the boat away because ownership would still be less than what your gas bill would have been for 4 years with the big twin boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.