Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Help with boat ID   HIN number ?  Who knows this boat. >

Help with boat ID HIN number ? Who knows this boat.

Notices

Help with boat ID HIN number ? Who knows this boat.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Who else made a 36 that was very similar to a 36 widebody Cig. Mirage? Bertram?
Old 03-11-2016, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mirage was an 8 1/2 beam the cigarette was 9.3 beam. Even though he listed it at 8.5. Not sure on the Bertram but you can google it.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 373 Likes on 139 Posts

First thing that is not an 1982 boat it's a lot older than that. first non cresent drives second the older Cigarette's didn't have HIN stamped in the transom my 72 28 had a plack inside the transom.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

seems like a lot of parts/stuff for the money. i would leave the cig logo on the side. bring it home get it running, then beat it to death!. at the point sell the parts and tell a lot of story's. lol.

todd
Old 03-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by baronmarine
seems like a lot of parts/stuff for the money. i would leave the cig logo on the side. bring it home get it running, then beat it to death!. at the point sell the parts and tell a lot of story's. lol.

todd
That's kind of the plan.

I said worst case is we cut if apart and make 3 really cool beach bars.

I did find out that it was donated at one point to the boys club of Jacksonville FL and was auctioned off. I have a feeling it IS/WAS a cigarette and then got re-titled for some reason or other. I highly doubt this was built in someones garage. I sure it is possible .
Old 03-11-2016, 04:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Team Archer
First thing that is not an 1982 boat it's a lot older than that. first non cresent drives second the older Cigarette's didn't have HIN stamped in the transom my 72 28 had a plack inside the transom.
I had the exact same thoughts.

The 80's boats usually had glass not a wind screen and the lines of the boat look more like early 70's than 80's. Also the previous owner said it had some plaque on the dash with the VIN number and the same in the transom.

Thanks for all of the responses.

Last edited by Ironmanwb; 03-11-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:12 PM
Registered

Ok so I made the drive down to buy this boat and ended up coming home with an empty hitch.

The bad news is she is rotted pretty bad and will need all new stringers floors ect. The drives and all the other components with the boat were suspect to say the least. It was probably worth the money just for the parts but I wanted a least a good starting point and it just didn't make sense for me.

The good news............The boat was/is an old 36 staggered widebody race boat most likley an early 70's boat. I would love to figure out which one it is. We could see the side exhaust holes and the deck was a paper thin race deck, no coring at all. I really hope someone that can do the glass work themselves will buy it and restore it as there are only a handful of these left. The CRT HIN number is gone if there ever was one. But the boat does have a clear title. It is not titled as a Cigarette but it does have a title.

If anyone is interested in this contact me and will get you all of the info that I found out.

I will keep searching. If anyone knows of a 36 staggered widebody for sale please let me know.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:05 PM
Registered

There was one in Naples Florida no engines or drives. Don't know if still available but the number is 239-285-3706
Old 03-21-2016, 05:28 PM
Registered

Thanks . The white one ?
Old 03-22-2016, 02:17 PM
Registered

Yes it looked white from the picture. it been advertised for a while that's why I don't know if it is still available.