Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Help with boat ID   HIN number ?  Who knows this boat. >

Help with boat ID HIN number ? Who knows this boat.

Notices

Help with boat ID HIN number ? Who knows this boat.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Help with boat ID HIN number ? Who knows this boat.

I am in the process of buying a 1982 36 cigarette widebody that is staggered. The boat is in pieces and I plan to very slowly rebuild it. However the HIN number is MCZ178840382 , MCZ is " Michiagan Homemade boats" which seems to be the generic manufacturer code used for any homemade boat in Michigan. This obviously does not match a standard CRT HIN number but I believe the boat is an actual Cigarette Hull that someone rebuilt/salvaged and called homemade or possible stolen at one time....Either way I just want to know what it is.

Below is the boat I am discussing. I have some pics but I don't know how to post them anymore.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-36-Ciga...m=161975459870
Old 03-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

You have already raised the question about it's authenticity .... do you not think the next guy will too? No 'CRT' means no cigarette. Wish you the best of luck.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Registered

I understand the issue but my question still stands. Is the a splash? Was it salvaged and re-titled? Yes I would prefer it to have the CRT HIN number but if the boat is actually a Cigarette that has be re titled I don't really care ( for my purposes at least) if it is a splash or some garage built boat then that's another story.

So far the guy I am buying it from is in bought it a year or so ago and decided not to restore it. The guy he bought from had it in south Florida for a while trying to have other people restore it. He bought it from somewhere in Michigan and took it to Florida. At least that is the story.

Just trying to find out some info on it and hoping the almighty power of OSO can help.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check under the rub rail on the starboard side see if the duplicate number is still there it's usually located near the transom under th rub rail make 5 feet forward of the transom
Old 03-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MrCIG
Check under the rub rail on the starboard side see if the duplicate number is still there it's usually located near the transom under th rub rail make 5 feet forward of the transom
Thanks I will check.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Registered

Anybody know the boat at all. Trying to get all my ducks in a row before I drive 10 hrs to buy this thing.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picture says sold check before the trip.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:54 PM
Registered

It's not sold I have been in contact with the owner we are meeting next weekend.

Boat was in Michigan at one time I can't believe that nobody knows anything about it.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

It probably doesn't mean much but that dash doesn't look like original Cigarette does it?

RR
Attached Thumbnails Help with boat ID   HIN number ?  Who knows this boat.-image.jpeg  
Old 03-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Or the port side......
Attached Thumbnails Help with boat ID   HIN number ?  Who knows this boat.-image.jpeg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.