Here's a question I couldn't find: Plumbing in a Bullet >

Here's a question I couldn't find: Plumbing in a Bullet

Notices

Here's a question I couldn't find: Plumbing in a Bullet

Old 03-10-2016, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's a question I couldn't find: Plumbing in a Bullet

Okay, so when I got my Bullet I fixed the head and tried to see where the plumbing all went for the fresh water and more specifically, the drains. I see both sinks drain to a port on either the port or starboard side. My question is, where does the on-board cooler drain? Does it just drop into the bilge with no hose? I'm curious because I notice by the fresh water pump I had some standing water and some mold that I had to get rid of. My assumption was that the cooler drains into the hull and runs back to the bilge. Is that accurate? Only other thing I can think of having standing water near the port side fresh water pump is that the pump is leaking or a line near it is fractured. Can anyone confirm the how the cooler is plumbed? I'm not wanting to deal with mold over and over so I'd resort back to not using the cooler with ice in it.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Search for old schools thread, i think he went through it all in that thread...
Old 03-10-2016, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Search for old schools thread, i think he went through it all in that thread...
I'll have to check it out. I remember his replacing the head thread haha.. I used that a lot when I did mine..
Old 03-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleev-les
I'll have to check it out. I remember his replacing the head thread haha.. I used that a lot when I did mine..
if you don't mind, please share that with me. One day I would like to get the plumbing straight and working on mine.
Thanks
Old 03-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was trying to figure out the plumbing to my head, I had to put my phone on video and reach in as far as I could just to figure out how to gain access to it
Old 03-13-2016, 09:45 AM
Registered

I did my head already. I actually used a scope camera to check the tank before I messed with it. That's how I discovered a hole. I heard a leak by testing it with water and went from there. Oldschools tutorial help with that. I am just curious if there is a hose connected to the cooler drain or if it drains into the bilge directly from the cooler. I'm thinking that is why I have the mold at the fresh water pump that is in the locker. I've cleaned and removed it, but I'm just not going to use the cooler anymore if it drains like this because its a mold recipe. I'll stick to my carry on's haha.. I just liked having the built in cooler. Made things easy. I'm going to replace the fresh water pump too just to rule out the other potential cause.