Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
92 TG for sale $35K. What the heck is a "Hoss" package?  Scam... >

92 TG for sale $35K. What the heck is a "Hoss" package? Scam...

Notices

92 TG for sale $35K. What the heck is a "Hoss" package? Scam...

Old 03-16-2016, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the same scam as Wally and Quinlan last week from my c.l. ad for the 10 meter. Said it was a surprise purchase for his father. He would pay the asking price and send a shipper to come get it. Wanted my paypal info , said they couldn't come and see the boat because they were " on sea " . Wtf is on sea. Sent them back a nice , expletive filled e mail , haven't heard back. Asked how it felt to know that someday they will burn in hell.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:13 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by flatlanderbill
said they couldn't come and see the boat because they were " on sea " . Wtf is on sea.
Must be the same scammer that emailed me saying he was in the coast guard and on duty so he couldn't make the trip out himself....yep that's the ticket!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-16-2016, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Hahahaha gotta love the scammers. Anytime I'm selling anything it's - you show up with cash, I'll give you product. End of story.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:05 PM
Registered

The pictures say it has sold now
Old 03-22-2016, 03:45 PM
Registered

Unhappy Autoatartak Scam!

Originally Posted by Biff
Sent a question off to a Craigslist add and got this response:

"Not sure what's going on with the attachments because I clearly remember attaching them last time. So I think it would be easier to send you the inventory link from the ASC website:
https://www.autostartak.com/Inventory_3/KPT44S178/
Sorry for using acronyms, I should have mentioned it from the beginning and spare some conversation time. I called ASC - short from AutoStartak Consignment & Sales.
They are a consignment service for vehicles and large items mostly. Take a quick look at their website. It should give you and idea how they work and how they handle these sales.
The reason for selling is we got a great deal on a different one and keeping them both is not an option. I have signed a consignment agreement with them and left it on their lot because we don't have any more space left.
If you want to purchase the boat and pick it up yourself, you must contact the company and setup an appointment. In case you are too far away and want it shipped, I already have 1000 miles covered, based on their policy, shipping within 1000 miles is the seller's responsibility.
If you are more than 1000 miles away from the ASC warehouse, there will be an extra charge of $1.15 for each additional mile.
Now, if you opt for shipping, simply go to their website and "Register"
for a new transaction.
Once you registered, an invoice regarding this purchase will be issued to you. The invoice should contain detailed information about this transaction, like insurance, bill of sale, payment info, etc...basically, all you need to know about your purchase.
So that's the essentially buying process, but I should also mention their Pre Delivery Inspection you get at delivery and their 7-day money back guarantee that follows, which costs nothing and should give you a chance and time to decide on the boat. The pre-delivery inspection will have an ASC representative on site who should answer your questions, show that everything works and sign the necessary delivery papers. The boat was pre-inspected before being listed for sale and passed their inspection flawlessly.
More information can be found on theirs HOW IT WORKS page. I am sure they to a better job explaining things than I do.
If you have any other questions, please let me know, I will be more than happy to help.

P.S. Sorry for such long email, I was trying to make it shorter but wanted to tell you all I know.
Janice"

The link below goes to a website that does have a TG listed. I tried to contact the site, but have not received a response from them.

https://www.autostartak.com/Inventory_3/KPT44S178/
New member here. As bad as I hate to admit this I was hit by the same email for a different boat. A sweet 32' Regal Ventura. After several emails with the "seller" a Dr. Wendy Lesser out of Miami I was directed to the Autostartak web site where I read through everything to get an idea of how it works. I googled around and found articles about the founders of the company and reviews from other buyers of cars,trucks,campers etc. I never found anything related to a scam. This started on March 6th and after about 6 or 7 emails from this "seller" and all the great online reviews I had visions of a new boat in my head and pulled the trigger. Even though I never spoke to an actual person, the web site and the good doctors emails made me feel confident enough to turn loose of a 5 figure sum for this boat. Hell, I even made arrangements for a new slip at my marina and had set up selling my other cruiser in anticipation of the new arrival. The arrival that never came...

The web site they had set up was beautiful and everything with it made it appear to be a great experience. It was not.When you call their number it just plays a friendly butler who I've named Jeeves telling you that they are so busy with other customers but to stay on the line or try the live chat. The live chat person was friendly and answered all my questions except for a phone number for a human. A little voice inside me said don't do it but it all seemed so real. It was not..It was supposed to be delivered last Friday the 18th and I received an email saying it had been delayed in Augusta Georgia and would arrive today, Tuesday 22nd, and now the web site is gone, Dr. Wendy is gone, every link to the glowing reviews are gone and my money..Gone.. I've contacted the local TBI here to start the process but I know my money is in China, Russia or Africa by now and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Only today did I find this forum with the same email that I had received along with over a dozen others regarding my purchase.

I write this to hopefully warn anyone else out there who may be looking at a deal that's too good to be true from this fake ass company that that's just what it is, too good to be true. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going outside to scream at the sky and drink myself to sleep.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:58 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

OUCH! Man that sucks!

The traditional saying always seems to ring true.......if its sounds too good to be true it probably is.
And another saying my wife is fond of is "Buy cheap, pay twice!"

Sometimes we are just blind by the thought of a good deal and all common sense goes out the window.....live and learn i guess

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-22-2016, 04:04 PM
Registered

I've always lived by that motto and am not a gullible guy but it all seemed to check out and now here I am. You always hear how people fall for stupid scams and wonder how the hell it could happen and "it'll never happen to me" but it did. It still hasn't sank in. I should've went went the Larson Cabrio 31 I physically looked at and I'd be on the water right now but at least I still have my Larson Hampton.

Thanks for the kind words
Chark
Old 03-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

I think drinking yourself to sleep is the option I'd take right now too!

Thanks for posting your story, as you suggested, it may help someone else in the future but unfortunately won't help you right now.

You have no reason to feel foolish or gullible, these scammers are professional and the fact they exist means there are people all over the world getting duped.

Sorry to read of your ordeal, keep enjoying your Larson and set your sights on something down the track.

Good luck, RR
Old 03-22-2016, 11:17 PM
Registered

I'm a new member also, and I am in the same situation you are in with Autostartak. Everything seemed authentic, but now I know otherwise. I'm feeling pretty stupid right now. I'm realizing the money is gone as the website and phone number have been inactive all day. Not sure what to do next. Hopefully no one else falls for this scam and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:06 AM
Registered

I have been tracking IP addresses and domain registrations all night and have a little more info. Also working with fraud dept at my bank this morning. Filed a report with FBI wire fraud division and traced a phone number from another thread to a guy in Arizona who's identity was being used as part of the scam. He's been getting calls all day yesterday about a camper for sale through Autostartak that he doesn't own. He does have a nice 34' Wellcraft for sale but that's another story. Anyway I have all of his info to pass along to the FBI as part of this clusterf#*k of a day. I don't know if this forum has a private message function but feel free to email me at [email protected] so we're not hijacking this thread to exchange personal info. And thanks to the folks here for being supportive!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.