Cig Adventure III >

Cig Adventure III

Notices

Cig Adventure III

Old 04-22-2016, 04:45 AM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 20k sitting aside in case they do break... Hopfully I can spend it on gathering up number 6's!
Old 04-22-2016, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
OMG. Motor didn't tip over and damge anything , did it ? Hope not.
Naww, all good . Picture just looks like it`s sitting on carbs thou lol

Originally Posted by shepnic74
I was actually wondering about this last year when I polished the lowers on my #3s if there is anything I can put on them to preserve the shine and help stop pitting. Is that what you guys are using sharkhyde for? If so what is it and where do I get it?
http://www.amazon.com/Sharkhide-Meta.../dp/B002W8MXTO

http://www.sharkhide.com/

I`ve read about good results with the product, so we shall see .

Originally Posted by mmb
6K on transmission drive plates and you couldn't get better heads?? I think I would have taken the extra 100hp per side for the money. But who am I to question the descendant of don aronow himself... King of boat building??? IT's in the right position in that picture just wrap a chain around it and load it on the front of the boat!!

There`s absolutely no way I`d gain 100hp with heads I`ve got 40 hours of chamber work in them, I like em.

Great Lakes get very nasty and pushing this old heavy bi tch puts a strain on the drives. Already had em rebuilt once, don`t wanna do it again with parts not readily available.

My goal has been and always will be reliability, I didn`t buy a 80`s Flat deck for speed but I have taken it from a 75MPH turd to 87mph with no major changes just tuning and set up (thanx to the help of my friend Joe who has taught me a lot and spent a bunch of my $$$ ) With what I have I would like it to be set up as best as possible. 90mph and earning my paint job should be no problem with the bottom work this year.

This year i`m hoping for even more reliability from the new short blocks. I`ll most likely turn the boost way down in the boat , at the end of the day I just wanna go boating and enjoy the summer with my family.

BTW, I`m learning everyday about engines, set up etc this boat has taught me a lot, definitely never claimed to be "king of boating". Please do remember the stuff Bob tells you is 98% lies.. it sounds like he`s been feeding the usual Dan and joe don`t build anything Mike does everything for them line of BS.

He loves to **** talk behind the scenes and turn everyone against each other.

have a fantastic day

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 04-22-2016 at 07:18 AM.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:20 AM
mmb
Registered

Bro why do guys keep talking about bob?? I haven't talked to the guy in years, I told him what size cams to make and they showed up in the mail. End of story.

It should definitely be reliable.. I think that is going to be an understatement more like bullet proof!! Those post were from yesterday thought things were calming down???
Old 04-22-2016, 07:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I agree Dan, guys like us even if making mistakes can take lots of credit for doing things ourselves and learning, much better then paying someone to do everything for us. I took a lot of heat last year, mostly fueled by Bob talking, but in the end engines run good every weekend and I did it myself.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mmb
Bro why do guys keep talking about bob?? I haven't talked to the guy in years, I told him what size cams to make and they showed up in the mail. End of story.
ahh ok no problem I was just trying to figure out where the animosity was coming from.. carry on.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:34 AM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
ahh ok no problem I was just trying to figure out where the animosity was coming from.. carry on.
Seems like we always get into it so I guess i'm just to quick to jump on the defence anymore??? Nothing personal, it's probably just a lot of misunderstood humor you can't get from reading words off of a screen!
Old 04-22-2016, 07:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Id rather read about builds and HP, ..................so
Old 04-22-2016, 08:08 AM
Registered

Old 04-22-2016, 08:10 AM
Registered

Thanks for the reply on the sharkhyde I'm gonna give it a try
Old 04-22-2016, 08:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Ouch.............I am an engineer..................and yes, guilty of doing that with my Harley, lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.