What's the skinny on this Gladiator?

Notices

What's the skinny on this Gladiator?

Old 03-21-2016, 04:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 255 Likes on 110 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...diator-024.jpg
Makes me wonder what the internals of the engines look like? Props and drives look a little salty. Bad ass looking boat.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

If anyone wants me to go check anything out on it, I'd be happy to do so. It's about a mile from my house.

Craig
Old 03-21-2016, 10:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
They're drivers boats. Aggressive. Funny that a bunch went over in the beginning but you never hear about them going over anymore. Steep learning curve - not for the novice driver . Took a minute for people to stop tucking drives in turns.
They actually drive great, but do become a drivers boat over 100 mph ish. When these boats first came out, they were like a little" hot rod" and a lot of first time performance buyers purchased them (second hand) because they were cool looking , sit-down style and less expensive than a Top Gun. Unfortunately, these buyers had no experience/time with a twin-step and tried to run them like every other boat.

Last edited by pm203; 03-21-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I am the one Tom posted the question for. Have been having trouble getting any history from the seller. It looks like it is still flying a 2006 Texas registration so where the hell has it been for the last 10 years after the unfortunate submarine incident.

Assuming the engines have been made right and the cosmetic repairs made, what should I be looking for in a sunk boat for damage that would be a deal killer.

Am I wrong in thinking that this should be a $100K or less boat?

And yes the drives look pretty salty for a claimed fresh water only boat.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Also, can someone point me to a qualified Cig surveyor in the Cape Coral area to give this thing a complete looking over? I may hop down this week to see it in person too.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:20 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

agree with why most of these got "wet" not the boats problem more of a driver issue.

A boat that went under, I would say wiring. hot wires will pull water in at the open ends and cored on the inside unseen by the eye. that can/will make a mess in years to come with electrical issues. but not much wiring on them, so work new wiring into the price.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bruce - have Craig (Old School) take a look for you - don't hold it against him that we know each other,,,
Old 03-21-2016, 09:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm on my second, Darren's had 2 and Todd 3 (I think) Gladiators - no issues with driving them if you know what to do with a twin step - I think they are a blast to drive.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

For the record my boat has not seen salt water and if you leave your boat in the fresh water in a marina for even a short time with cruisers that are not properly grounded you will see that type of corrosion .
Do your home work before you squash the deal
RG.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rick, I am as concerned about the lost decade with this boat (still flying a 2006 TX registration sticker) as I am about its sinking in texoma. I have been able to track down other listings for it in Miami area. In short, its been in Florida too long to still be considered a fresh water boat IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.