Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco

Notices

Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco

Old 04-24-2016, 02:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts
Default Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco

I know the Med has a few Cigarettes but they also have a few they call Cigarettes that probably don't qualify under the American definition of Cigarette. (Poor photos-old phone camera)

Saw these last week. First one is a 65 Millenium berthed at Antibes.They say it was built by CRT but is it really a Magnum hull? Not a bad looking boat but not a Cig as I know it. My guess is an old Magnum carrying the Cig logo.

RR
Attached Thumbnails Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco-image.jpg   Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco-image.jpg   Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco-image.jpg  

Old 04-24-2016, 02:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Second one is a 45 Heritage. Good looking boat sitting at Port Fonteville Monaco. Once again, looks like a Magnum with a Cig logo. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco-image.jpg   Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco-image.jpg  
Old 04-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This third one (Port Fonteville also) is an absolute shocker and I apologize to Cig owners for posting these pics but can anyone pic the hull? Is it a Magnum hull? Didn't have anything on it to say what size but I'd guess about 45' so maybe Magnum as well. Looks like they just added a raised deck onto an existing hull. They should at least have the decency to remove the logo!

Still struggling to come to terms with this boat, it's just so wrong!

RR
Attached Thumbnails Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco-image.jpg   Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco-image.jpg   Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco-image.jpg  

Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco-image.jpg   Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco-image.jpg   Unusual Cigarettes in Monaco-image.jpg  

Old 04-24-2016, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Otam has a "Cigarette Model". Not sure of the marketing details between the two companies.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Decals are very inexpensive....
Old 04-25-2016, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think the first two were short lived marketing relationships, officially "Cigarettes" but made elsewhere. The third may actually be an 1980s Cigarette Huntress highly modified?.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Back in 2006-2007 Skipp built several 55 with the Cigarette name but were being built in Europe i beleive as he was doing it for the Eurpean market. That didn't last to long.

Around this same time Cig introduced the 49 Grandsport which was built in Opa locka for the European market but again that didn't last long either.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Wow that 49 is pretty cool.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad
Otam has a "Cigarette Model". Not sure of the marketing details between the two companies.
Back in the Friedman/Torter/Laken days, CRT had a distribution & license agreement with OTAM for 45' & 55' models.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua
They say it was built by CRT but is it really a Magnum hull? Not a bad looking boat but not a Cig as I know it. My guess is an old Magnum carrying the Cig logo.RR
Magnum sued Giancarlo Rampezzotti/OTAM/CRT in Federal court in late '90s over this...don't know outcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.