Trim indicator cables

Notices

Trim indicator cables

Old 08-07-2016, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Trim indicator cables

So as the pictures show a very corrodeded & frozen trim cable.........actually, both are needed.
So where do you buy them and has anybody recently replaced them..........thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Trim indicator cables-img_9223.jpg   Trim indicator cables-img_9222.jpg   Trim indicator cables-img_9224.jpg  

Trim indicator cables-img_9226.jpg  
Old 08-07-2016, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should 33c cables. CP Performance. On the web. Even west marine should have them. One of the ends should have the length stamped on it
Old 08-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just got teleflex extreme 33c cables from wholesale marine, for my tabs and drive indicaters
Old 08-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/SeaStar-CCX63...iglink22617-20

I recently used these on my Cafe.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Thank you all........Will look at those links for a new set of cables! ..but before I do, here's some pictures of the apparatus that the cable end fit into.
It's a ss cylinder that attaches itself (by way of tightening clamp) to the drive piston of the outdrive....it didn't take much for the cable to just fall out.
Do I need a new one?...because it seems like it was pressed in ...and where would I get one?........looked for marking on it, but fond none.....Scippy
Attached Thumbnails Trim indicator cables-img_9235.jpg   Trim indicator cables-img_9236.jpg   Trim indicator cables-img_9241.jpg  

Trim indicator cables-img_9242.jpg  
Old 08-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Although that's a slightly different style then mine the concept is still the same - its a standard size threading on the cable and it clips in to one of the notches on the Cable.

You are most likely overthinking it JUST LIKE I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also - here's a tip - get a Barrel Bolt the same size as the cables and you can attach the new cable to the old cable and pull it right throughts. It's nice and low profile that way and doesn't get hung up.... I think I got my barrel bolt at True Value.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:07 AM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Although that's a slightly different style then mine the concept is still the same - its a standard size threading on the cable and it clips in to one of the notches on the Cable.

You are most likely overthinking it JUST LIKE I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also - here's a tip - get a Barrel Bolt the same size as the cables and you can attach the new cable to the old cable and pull it right throughts. It's nice and low profile that way and doesn't get hung up.... I think I got my barrel bolt at True Value.
Nice idea if you know the size of your cables, i had to pull all mine so i could measure them and or
der new ones, trying to reinstall them as we speak, and its a nightmare, I'm going to have to take the back seat loose and take the bolsters out so i can get the side panels out to get the cables through that tube with all the other stuff that's in there.....