Notices

Top Gun

Old 08-23-2016, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Fandango - That is a sweet setup.

I like the full cabin for the sleeping purposes. I never actually use the head, it's not even hooked up right now. As Phil said to me once (When he mentioned buying a Gladiator, my response was, want a full cabin) "All you guys from the Great Lakes want full cabins" It's also not 1000deg here like it is in Florida. Most guys up here with Top Guns overnight on their boats at the bars / islands.

ZX - AT is an excellent choice, very laid out and big headroom. I never liked the raised deck look, but it has grown on me with all the advantages, and they are fast capable boats. Other option is an Outerlimits, which would be my next boat if I could afford it.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

although it would be nice to own a TS, we love the cabin on our flat bottom boat. Let's face it, the two opposing couches on the TS is useless.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Anyone ever build a T/S with bigger power, boxes, and big drives like 6s, and then a full cabin? What were the results?
Old 08-23-2016, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Anyone ever build a T/S with bigger power, boxes, and big drives like 6s, and then a full cabin? What were the results?
Funny you mention that...when we talk about what we would do with lotto winnings it's always build a custom ts top gun with mid 90's cabin!!! Best of both worlds
Old 08-23-2016, 03:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
There is the Rough Rider with T/S and full cabin. It is my ULTIMATE Cig - owner BSZHBA on here owns it.

There was the one or two Guns with the 80's microwave lettering on the side that has the cabin door on the left and the full head down below, but I'm not sure if the front was finished, and I'm not sure either were 6's....
Old 08-24-2016, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by fandango
T/S Tiger with cover girl cabin. Phil turned me on to how to please the ladies with all the amenities. Pic are front V section with the zipper cover removed and hard door installed. Exact equal weight of items removed and items installed.
http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/El...ml?sort=3&o=15
http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/El...ml?sort=3&o=15

Ed

Phil did a few boats like that for people. It's a sweet set up.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by zx14
Crawled all over Bills yesterday, first time to even touch a TG. And of course there where 2 others right beside it., all I can say is WOW. them damn things are ocean liners compaired to my ittsy bittsy 26 Daytona. I unzipped the bulkhead cover to look up under the bow, like looking into the belly of a whale, you could have 3 family's living in there and never know,,,,,lol!

Tank , any AT years to stay away from? Active Thunder looks like a good choice, very simaler to A TG..
I'm no expert on AT's so I'm not sure if there is. None that I've ever heard of though.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:24 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I'm no expert on AT's so I'm not sure if there is. None that I've ever heard of though.
I can answer most AT questions if you can't get a hold of Pat (ActiveThunder), here on OSO.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

Greg is a very good friend of mine and he does still owns it.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 4,304 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I like a good cabin too and have said forever that the straight gun and cafes of the 90's have the best useable cabin in a performance boat ever in my humble opinion.

Agree 100% . Only reason I bought my Cig is because the we can sleep 5 comfortably. It`s like 2 queen sized beds and the V birth doesn`t come to a point where you`re bumping your heads, only performance boat I`ve seen where it`s squared off with storage up front.

Tinted the hatches, dark as a cave, turn the ac to 67*, I sleep like a baby.