Recommends 4 inverter/battery charger systems

Notices

Recommends 4 inverter/battery charger systems

Old 09-16-2016, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Recommends 4 inverter/battery charger systems

Looking to purchase a new system for my Mistress......no ac aboard or need for a generator just a minimal 1200 watt inverter needed.
Have 4 (wet leaded) batteries aboard to keep charged also............what's out there? ...and what inverter/battery charger systems are
Cigarette owners using?
Old 09-17-2016, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

C'mon nobody can share or recomend what battery charger is serving you well?.........on different note, I found a power transformer bolted inside the lower stb cabinet.
Heavy as hell (and I'm guessing) probabely standard equipment back in '82.......................does anybody with an early to mid 80's Cigarette ever find this in their boat?
Old 09-18-2016, 07:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the 4-bank battery charger I have on my boat. It works very well. It will not solve your requirements for an inverter though. That you will have to install separetely.

http://www.promariner.com/en/51034
Old 09-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HyFive578
This is the 4-bank battery charger I have on my boat. It works very well. It will not solve your requirements for an inverter though. That you will have to install separetely.

http://www.promariner.com/en/51034
Thanks for the recommend!........Is your battery charger mounted close enough to your batteries where the standard cables supplied reach?..........in my case, because ther battery charger
is mounted mid cabn I'd have to splice them.............probabely would void warantee.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instead of splicing and voiding warranties, you can always use terminal blocks to terminte the ends, and extend to the batteries from there.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scippy
Thanks for the recommend!........Is your battery charger mounted close enough to your batteries where the standard cables supplied reach?..........in my case, because ther battery charger
is mounted mid cabn I'd have to splice them.............probabely would void warantee.
My charger is located in engine compartment near batteries. The supplied cables are about 20' or so. As mentioned by another poster, you could splice the cables together via a terminal block to avoid clipping the cables.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

i replaced my xantrex 1000 charger/inverter (for sale in swap shop) with a dedicated charger. I decided to get rid of all the ac since it was never used.
this is the charger i bought:
http://www.mastervolt.com/products/c...aster-12-25-3/
will have each starter battery on its own bank & then the two stereo batt's will be on the third bank.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

I also installed a pro-mariner, standard equipment at West Marine when you are stuck at the marina and need to install a battery charger. I have only 3 banks (batteries). I like the unit, much more advanced that the standard equipment crica 1990.... Easy to install, in place of old charger in engine bay, used the wires that came with the unit, no splicing required.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Same here - 3 bank, 30 amp. Works well.

Originally Posted by frickstyle
I also installed a pro-mariner, standard equipment at West Marine when you are stuck at the marina and need to install a battery charger. I have only 3 banks (batteries). I like the unit, much more advanced that the standard equipment crica 1990.... Easy to install, in place of old charger in engine bay, used the wires that came with the unit, no splicing required.