Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Twin step #6 Top Guns (How many and where are they?) >

Twin step #6 Top Guns (How many and where are they?)

Notices

Twin step #6 Top Guns (How many and where are they?)

Old 02-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Envision
Do the Arnesons really stick out much more than a #6 or NXT Top Gun? If so why not cover them when swimming? Also - Why do you say they do not run well in rough water? Do the lose bite running the surface? I'd think you'd be much better off w/them instead of XR's. You could very well be idling w/XR's if they have some hours on them.

The TG in the pics looks good. Wonder how performance numbers turned out.
Longer than a #6? I know a Bravo on a Box is 4" shorter than what is on this Cigarette. Probably very similar to a SSM#6

As for Swimming, we have a prop guard as shown in the photos. You can still kick the hell out of the propeller but you really cannot fall onto the top of the propeller from above with the guards on.

Rough water, that's a joke as some who as "unlimited jd" stated talk **** and have actually never been on a boat with Arnesons and probably most of them have never seen one in person. But as the democrats have proven, they have a right to their opinion right or wrong.

Truth is a Bravo (typical modern boat) has a the prop shaft about 3-4" below the keel. Meaning that any wave grater than 4" will cause the propeller to be out of the water. Kinda ridiculous when you think about that way isn't it.

The Arnesons for some reason, remain hooked up in the rough water better, strike that, far better than a Bravo does/can. So no worries about rough water as even Greg stated with his Cigarette.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:25 AM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

I tried to lay on the sarcasm...... sorry. Personally I would run alphas that way I could keep up with "Pimp of the Nation"
Old 02-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Me trying to keep my chit together. Gregs 38t/s lolhttp://
Old 02-18-2017, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I have the purple boat. Word was the boat was a handful. Truth, scary ride. We put 2 inch spacers on the lowers and took 1/2" off the diameter of the props. The boat is now bad azz and on rails.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 434 Likes on 194 Posts

^^^Incredible what small changes do.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

A friend of my ordered the purple boat new, didn't keep it long.
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
I believe there were four built from the factory with #6's. There was a 2000 T/S that had the newer style dash but older style (simple) paint, Hot For Teacher, Heavy Metal Thunder (purple boat), and an all yellow Top Gun that was built new by National Marine w/Cobra Power.

Morning Smoke (mostly all red) was a 525/XR boat that was converted to big power/#6's. As Tank said, five all together.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 160 Likes on 55 Posts

I learned recently that the 2000 T/S that was built with #6's was not changed to bravos because of the way the boat ran, but the guy who bought it with no power or drives had smaller power/bravos to put in.

Last edited by Lucky Strike Jr; 03-08-2017 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections
Old 03-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Jason told me yours runs pretty well. Bad ass ride. Hope I get a chance to get down there and see it.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
I learned recently that the 2000 T/S that was built with #6's was not changed to bravos because of the way the boat ran, but the guy who bought it with no power or drives had smaller power/bravos to put in.
He had a 35 fountain that caught fire, he used the engines and drives off of it when he bought that hull gutted