Engine machine shops around DFW >

Engine machine shops around DFW

Notices

Engine machine shops around DFW

Old 06-08-2021, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Engine machine shops around DFW

Well fellas it’s been a hectic year with a lot of work yet ahead… we moved from Missouri Ozarks to Edgewood, Tx, 1 hour east of Dallas. I’ve got enough fence up that the horses are settled in, my shop is slowly coming along and the house is ready for trim… time to start thinking about the Cig again!

I have several upgrades in mind but with 200 hours on my blower motors I think I’ll start by pulling them and getting a refresh… DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD ENGINE BUILDER WITHIN REASONABLE DRIVING DISTANCE ? Preferably with first hand experience!

last year at the Shootout I had a carb act up, I pulled the hoses and pulled the carbs to find a few pieces of degraded fuel hose. Removed the debris, reassembled and got through the weekend without issues. So the plan for this year is:

1. engine refresh
2. clean up bilge, smooth and paint using rustoleum white + Valspar hard
3. all new hoses and fuel lines
4. some components getting powder coated
5. new dash panel (maybe a teal carbon fiber) with all new gauges, senders and maybe switches- any suggestions or insight would be great.
6. pulling the new 3A’s Collabella built for me last year and giving them the proper sand/paint treatment as we skipped that last year after grenading a #3 on way to first stop at last year rendezvous.
7. New floor covering (marina mat or sea deck)

as always I appreciate any and all first hand experience and knowledge!

- Bill

Old 06-08-2021, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

The only one I know of in that area is Reher & Morrison in Arlington, wont be cheap but will be done right.

https://rehermorrison.com/
The following users liked this post:
Metalguy38 (06-08-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

Boyd Racing in Norman, OK not too far away.
The following 2 users liked this post by TexomaPowerboater:
Metalguy38 (06-08-2021), offshoredrillin (06-10-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 03:09 PM
Registered

Thanks,

I called both of them and they are actually about the same ball park cost. But Reher actually told me they don’t mess with blower motors too much, although they obviously have the reputation in drag racing it sounds like Boyd is more familiar with this application.

eric at Boyd seemed to be very nice and professional with straight forward advice- has anyone else used Boyd’s? By the looks of their website looks like they do a lot with offshore…
Old 06-08-2021, 04:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I gave you the closest to you and RM cut their teeth in drag racing and building killer street engines, Boyd's has a good reputation and do good work, Kelly ( payupsucker ) on here had them rebuild his 1000 Zuls, send him a pm if you want first hand experience.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
I gave you the closest to you and RM cut their teeth in drag racing and building killer street engines, Boyd's has a good reputation and do good work, Kelly ( payupsucker ) on here had them rebuild his 1000 Zuls, send him a pm if you want first hand experience.
Thanks Speedy. I’ll reach out to Kelly. I grew up drag racing and actually still have my ****ty little Camaro sitting in my uncles barn in middle Missouri. Always knew the name RM from watching the big dogs at NHRA events, I actually never thought they would do work for the “general public”.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Ron Sporl Performance does lots of Blower boat work. He is moving back to New Orleans from Bessemer, AL. (Member here on OSO)
Metalguy38 (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Also Mark Boos in Kenner LA ( Precision Marine ) does outstanding work, due East but a little farther, I use to drag race my 67 Camaro back in the day, still have it but restored back to stock....RS SS 350 4 peed
Metalguy38 (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

I've seen many offshoreonly members use Boyd, had a friend use one in his over the top Lipship 130K restoration on a 24ft boat, and I've seen a few boats for sale highlighting the Boyd name. As a buyer, I'd be happy to buy a boat with one. I've lived in Mansfield most of my life, which neighbors Arlington were Reher is located. I've never once seen a local or regional boat for sale with a high performance engine highlighting the fact that they were built by Reher and I've been a internet shopping tire kicker for most of my adult life. Derebery Performance Marine at Texoma lake might be worth looking into as well. They are full service and can handle your whole list if you just want to drop it off and pick up.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

never heard any good from dereberry, Boyds would be my choice
Metalguy38 (06-10-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.