Choosing new boat: 35 Twin Step or 36 Gladiator >

Choosing new boat: 35 Twin Step or 36 Gladiator

Notices

Choosing new boat: 35 Twin Step or 36 Gladiator

Old 11-27-2002, 04:49 AM
Andrea

Default Choosing new boat: 35 Twin Step or 36 Gladiator

Hi all:

I'm in the market for a new boat to retire my very old Glastron Top Banana (a very old model) with a long crack in the hull. Searching for some like the two models on the Re:.

I'll run on the Mediterranean sea (saltwater), from June to October, water goes from plane to 3-5Ft waves, Sometimes very windy, but not common.

Wanting some HP, talked some, started to do some numbers and wanting a pair of SCi's, first question: Worth really to try upgrading to #6 Dry sumps rather than the Bravo XR? wanting none with the drives (Kinda pricey upgrade).

Question two: anyone knows if the factory is able to export to Spain? these two fit should on a 40' container, any non US owner tried to do this (any experiences)?

Question three: What about these two models? Wanting to do quick rides and one-day outs with it (as I did previously with my old Glastron).

Old 12-04-2002, 05:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Andrea

If you are going with the 575 SCiīs stick with the bravoīs. The #6 is an awsome drive but a lot of money!!!

As for putting a Cigarette in a 40 foot container I know it has been done by a friend on Mallorca. You might have to remove the rubrail and tilt it slightly to the side buy it shoud work unless they have made the new ones wider than the old ones.

I would buy a Top Gun since in the Med. you get those long wawes. Remove the drives and maby it will fit in the 40 foot aswell.

Are there any Cigarettes 38 - 42 for sale down in your part of the world ? I am in Denmark and may be looking for new boat. Please let me know if you know of anything interesting.

Jesper
Old 12-04-2002, 05:02 AM
Registered

I know for a fact that there are 2 dealers on Ibiza Stephan Dahm and Fredy Link

Jesper
Old 12-04-2002, 05:31 AM
Andrea

Cigaretteman:

Do you know how to contact with them? Tried to e-mail to cigarette guys at the factory and the unique answer I got is none in reply (seemed very uncorteous manners for their part).

Here at Spain none boats of this measures and type are available (well, bajas, Windys and others, but none to roar over the waves).

About the #6 drives I received some messages tolding me that's an overkill to use with SCi's and Bravos are quite capable of driving.

Old 12-04-2002, 08:08 AM
Registered

Andrea

You can reach Fredy Link on www.fredy-link.es. Stephan Dahm runs a company called Yacht Trading I donīt know the number.
Hope this helps.

Jesper
Old 12-04-2002, 08:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Andrea
Cigaretteman:

Do you know how to contact with them? Tried to e-mail to cigarette guys at the factory and the unique answer I got is none in reply (seemed very uncorteous manners for their part).
Welcome to the world of Cigarette! They are not computer techies - if you don't get them on the telephone AND have a chit load of $$ in your pocket they are not very helpful..
Old 12-04-2002, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andrea,

If you can wait about 1 1/2 weeks, I will be giving a full report on my Pulse Drive surface drive installation. Basically a no maintainence drive instead of a Bravo or #6. Go to www.pulsedrive.net and check them out. If you call, ask for Tony and tell them Mongo in the Virgin Islands sent ya!

Mongo
Old 12-04-2002, 11:58 PM
Andrea

Originally posted by Cigaretteman
Andrea

You can reach Fredy Link on www.fredy-link.es Stephan Dahm runs a company called Yacht Trading I donīt know the number.
Hope this helps.
Jesper:

The link you posted, didn't work. Have some friends at the islands, try to locate and contact with them. Thanks a lot.

Old 12-05-2002, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CIGARETTE

Andrea,anyway i can help you fell free to call or email me.Harry Judge OFFSHORE PERFORMANCE 1/410/827/0097 or [email protected]
Old 12-05-2002, 10:09 AM
Registered

Hi, Andrea

Sorry about that link this one works www.fredy-link.com

Jesper

Quick Reply: Choosing new boat: 35 Twin Step or 36 Gladiator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.