bullet ???? >

bullet ????

Notices

bullet ????

Old 08-18-2003, 02:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bullet ????

I know this topic has been covered before but here goes again. I found a 89 bullet for sale. It has new 525's with bravos on a trailer, asking 60k. The boat was sitting close to my house this spring and i stopped to check it out and its clean from the outside. I didnt have a chance to look under the cockpit cover. I'm trying to find a boat i will be happy with for a number of years. I will be running lake st.clair Huron and erie which can get real snotty. I've thought about a newer 28 foot single engine boat but then i would want to trade up in a year or so. I've decided to go older and get something i can enjoy for a while. Before i pester the owner i have a few questions.

1. what is the notched transom thing i keep hearing about and was this on the 89's ? also is it desirable to have the notched transom?

2. how fast with 525's and any info on the relaiability of these engines.

3. how much does it weigh? How much more does a cafe weigh. or gun?

4. I realize cigs are heavy and expensive to run, say i spend more on a newer lighter boat am i any farther ahead. say 10k more for a newer boat = lots of fuel

5. what can i expect to pay for insurance on this boat?

6. they have a unique look, i love the front but am unsure about how the rear over the engines is raised, is it just me or does that look a little funky.

7. Can the bravo's hold up to the 525's?

8. this seems to be about the asking price for bullets the ad says must sell so i'm sure i can beat them up on price. If everything checks out and its clean with new 525's like the add says. what would be a really good deal on it. We are ending summer here in michigan pretty soon and the owner may not find it economical to hold on to all winter, so he may be willing to deal.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Dono: that sounds like a good price with new 525s & bravos...........YES,you want the notch, Mine is an 89 & has it. How fast ? I would guess 70 ish......GPS.
I have been told 8800 & 9200 lbs. dry....?As far as Bravos holding up....Alot of that is up to you ! Holeshots in a heavy boat will destroy them !! And how you throttle in rough water has alot to do with it !
If you boat the great lakes,You will love a Bullet !!
A wave crusher for sure !! Always safe,comfortable at speed when the lakes are kicking up !
Old 08-18-2003, 08:36 AM
Registered

If you are considering a bullet there is one on the board here for sale that looks good.

Bullet
Old 08-18-2003, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own 2, an '88 and '89 which is for sale. They weigh in apprx 11,000 lbs. Rough water here on Long Island is never a problem. Boat is built like a brick $%^@ house. The 365's that are in the boat are very upgradable into higher HP. The cabin layout is very comfortable with enclosed head wih leather interior. Cockpit interior has been replaced etc etc. You can check out my post's on "bullet project" and "completed bullet project" or check boats for sale in the forum and classified. More pictures upon request. Price is right.
As far as notched transom they started that in late '88 from what I understand. Let me know if your interested... Stan
Old 08-18-2003, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Thumbs up

If I'm not mistaken, the 525's that are in that Bullet are 454's w/ blowers (sc525). I called the guy a few days ago and he hasn't returned my call yet.

Craig
Old 08-19-2003, 12:15 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info guys. I didnt realize they weigh 11,000 lbs. Thats one heavy 31' boat. I guess thats where the nice ride comes in. Im not as concerned with top end as much as reliability. I like to cruise along at 45mph or so and enjoy the ride. I'll give him a call and hopefully check it out this week.

Craig are we talking about the same boat? I looked at it when it was on the trailor this spring but he was asking 70k and i felt that was too high so i didnt bother doing any more than a quick walk around.

Stan how fast with the 365's ? again im not concerned with top end as much as nice ride but i gotta at least be respectable out there.

I might also consider Seans cafe. That seems like a pretty nice deal. Im otta control, i started looking at scarab's , sunsations and fountains and now im into cigs. Where does the madness end?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm not sure, do a search for threads started by Dockrocker. The one that I'm talking about is in Mich. by his house.

Craig
Old 08-19-2003, 06:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dono, the boat should do high 50's low 60's. I have only had it out twice this year due to the wonderfull weather on my vacation last week and a home project. I wanted to take it easy with the boat after it's been sitting all winter. Hopefully I'll take it out this weekend and get a top end out of her. As far as weight I have an '99 chevy crew cab dually and with half tanks (boat) and no drives I was grossing 18,780 lbs with a tri-axle aluminum trailer on the '88. This boat has a steel trl which may weigh a bit more. Sean is about as "anal" as me and does not stop at 99%. If your interested come on out and we'll make a weekend of it.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:06 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

My 89 with 365 does 64 on the gps
the originall advertised weight was 8900 dry
love the boat
have been all through lake michigan and on to superior with it
Old 08-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Klaw, how did the boat come out? got some pics?
What size props were you running with the 365's?

Quick Reply: bullet ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.