Cig experts,What to look for? >

Cig experts,What to look for?

Notices

Cig experts,What to look for?

Old 02-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cig experts,What to look for?

Been looking for a while @ 94-99 TopGuns. Any known problems to look for? Any particular boats to stay away from? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Registered

And I thought all of you in here were Cig. experts.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:04 PM
Registered

You always need to get a survey to check if there is moisture in the hull on a boat that is older than a few years. There are many qualified surveyors out there, just make sure that they are familiar with performance boats. I would also recommend that you have the engines leak tested and do a thorough sea trial. You also need to find a boat and post a pic here and maybe we can give some history. Guys like Tres, and Phil know almost all the boats out there and are an excellent source just get serious about a particular boat first.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:49 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by d-hlaw
You also need to find a boat and post a pic here and maybe we can give some history. Guys like Tres, and Phil know almost all the boats out there and are an excellent source just get serious about a particular boat first.
yeah, this is your best bet . . find one or two that catch your eye and that you are serious about and post a (or some) photos . .

In those years, there arent really any 'problem issues' that is a blanket statement for alot of boats . . if you are looking at Bravo boats, you probably already know that you will be going through stock Bravo's regularly if you have more than 650 HP / 600 lb-ft.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Registered

all you need to know is you will be dropping a lot of dough...then when you break something you will have to drop some more..when i went looking for mine i went to people i can trust or told i could trust.. in my eyes you cant go wrong with the martins, phil or tnt marine..those guys do not sell junk and if they sell you something that has a problem they will stand behind the boat they sell to you....sometimes buying from a private guy, its hard to say what you'll get, not saying there are no sweet boats in the private sector, just be careful. survey, and posting here will give you some info on the rig at least. dave