More Cigarette questions

Notices

More Cigarette questions

Old 07-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default More Cigarette questions

I think it was Lucky Strike that posted...
"In the Cafe Racer & Top Gun model they made several different layups. Fiberglass (heaviest), Kevlar (less heavy), Carbon Fiber (least heaviest). Between 1989-1991 they also made a "Pro Series" and a "Platinum Series"
I looked at a Top Gun this last weekend that had "Pro Series" on the side. What was special about this boat?
Since the boat I fantasized about was sold, (30 Mystique custom made for Enrique Eglasies), I found a VERY close second. Now if I can just talk him down about $43k...
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/3/74186303.htm
SWOOOON !!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: More Cigarette questions

Originally Posted by Gordo
I think it was Lucky Strike that posted...
"In the Cafe Racer & Top Gun model they made several different layups. Fiberglass (heaviest), Kevlar (less heavy), Carbon Fiber (least heaviest). Between 1989-1991 they also made a "Pro Series" and a "Platinum Series"
I looked at a Top Gun this last weekend that had "Pro Series" on the side. What was special about this boat?
Since the boat I fantasized about was sold, (30 Mystique custom made for Enrique Eglasies), I found a VERY close second. Now if I can just talk him down about $43k...
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/3/74186303.htm
SWOOOON !!!!
The "Pro Series" & "Platinum Series" were options in those few years (1989-1991).

I would assume the "Pro Series" was the red paint scheme like Cignifcant's Cafe Racer below. Not sure what kind of engines it came with.

I know for sure, that the "Platinum Series" in 1991 was the paint scheme and the Hawk blower motors.

The lighter layups (Kevlar or Carbon Fiber) had nothing to do with the "Pro Series" or "Platinum Series." Our Gun happens to be Carbon Fiber.

....and come on those were easy questions!

LS JR.
Attached Thumbnails More Cigarette questions-90-cafe-racer.jpg   More Cigarette questions-inwater2.jpg  
Old 07-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Originally Posted by lucky strike
....and come on those were easy questions!
LS JR.
So you can get me the step 30 Mystique for under a Hundo?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

almost bought that boat did test it though... awsome

130k was were i was at.... last year!!!
w/ 80 more hrs id say 125k..
Old 07-28-2004, 12:46 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Wow! I was just joking. Didn't know anyone was actually familiar with the boat. In fact, give me a call sometime. I've got lots of other questions about the Mystique.
I got the distinct impression that Phil Lipship thinks anyone wanting anything less than a 35 isn't all there and doesn't really want to waste his time on those people. I'm sure a lot agree with him. HeII, I don't exactly disagree with him. And I understand that for the same money I could find a nice Top Gun, but then I would also be in the market for a 1 ton truck, a larger shop, slower speed/bigger power etc... So, that "same money" suddenly becomes a buttload more in "other expenses". And lets face it, the Ozarks is nothing for a Gun, or even a Cafe'.
Maybe I'm somewhat hung-up on a Mystique now, but I don't want to be buried and upside down for the next 12 years and I'm sure I'll want to trade up in the future, (when I'm old and speed doesn't matter as much).
Old 07-28-2004, 12:52 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

<sigh>
Attached Thumbnails More Cigarette questions-mystique_1.jpg  

Last edited by Gordo; 07-28-2004 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:22 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Almost 1:30am and I'm still awake thinking about these freakin boats.
Pathetic...
Old 07-28-2004, 06:43 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

There are a few Cafe's on boatrader online that look within your parameters.

I had not looked at what was for sale in that range but they seem to have gone up in price a bit compared to when I was shopping for my Cafe. I'd say up about 10k on the whole.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That twin-step 30 looks awesome, Gordo!
That would make a nice ride.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo
[i]
Since the boat I fantasized about was sold, (30 Mystique custom made for Enrique Eglasies),
That boat was flipped about 3-4 weeks ago. The only Mystiques you will find under $100 will be non step models. The stepped version was fairly rare since the Mystique was only in production for a short time. Not many were made before they were discontinued.

Phil probably was looking down the road for you in terms of your resale and enjoyment. The Mystiques weren't a great seller because most folks in market for a 30ft boat, couldn't justify the price of the Mystique. For the price of a brand new Mystique T/S, many could go buy a bigger boat from a different manufacturer for the same money. Granted it wouldnt be a Cigarette, but $$ is $$ for many.

If you do buy a Mystique, get the stepped version if possible. MUCH more performance and much better ride. The non steps tend to porpose without using tab.

Both versions are a solid boat, as you would expect.

Last edited by PokerRunGunT/S; 07-28-2004 at 09:22 AM.

Quick Reply: More Cigarette questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.