Looking for Old Open Class Raceboats

Old 10-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: Looking for Old Open Class Raceboats

Originally Posted by RoseBudRacing
big, what was the price on the sutphen?
Christian
I spoke to the guy a few times a few years ago,. I think he wanted 25k. It has been sitting a looooong time.
I broke the bottom open in a Miami race in 1981. We fixed it but the boat lost 7mph & was never the same again.

It also had alot of parts missing.

LS
Old 10-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
I spoke to the guy a few times a few years ago,. I think he wanted 25k. It has been sitting a looooong time.
I broke the bottom open in a Miami race in 1981. We fixed it but the boat lost 7mph & was never the same again.

It also had alot of parts missing.

LS
No motors or trannys either and you can only fit small blocks
Old 10-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Not an Open Class boat, but does anyone remember "Maverick" a 32' out of Michigan? I think this was an "S" class boat in the late 1970's, anyway it is sitting in a field in Tuckerton NJ, The boat is stripped, don't know if it is for sale. I think a guy named Steve Baum built it and raced it back in the 1970's. Does anyone know if this was the sister boat to "Hustler" raced by Cassey Cossen (sp?)??
Old 10-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

mavericks sistership was miss gallo wine/ st clair breakout from michigan, she is now being restored in st clair shores michigan
Old 10-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Charlie, a friend of mine has "Blue Devil" in his barn. It needs to be completely restored but it's all there including the 427 Fords. He's considering selling as he just can't find the time to restore it properly.

Kurt
Attached Thumbnails Looking for Old Open Class Raceboats-donzi-blue-devil.jpg  
Old 10-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan
Not an Open Class boat, but does anyone remember "Maverick" a 32' out of Michigan? I think this was an "S" class boat in the late 1970's, anyway it is sitting in a field in Tuckerton NJ, The boat is stripped, don't know if it is for sale. I think a guy named Steve Baum built it and raced it back in the 1970's. Does anyone know if this was the sister boat to "Hustler" raced by Cassey Cossen (sp?)??

Bob

Where in Tuckerton ??????????

Mike
Old 10-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan
Is the NJ Maverick still all-white? The Gallo / Hustler / Breakout 32 hull is in good shape....going to get a total resto & re-rig & power this winter. Believe there was a third built, but destroyed early on....
Old 10-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

The Maverick is actually in Eagleswood not Tuckerton (at least it was last January) The boat was still white, it was called "Medicine Man" the last time it raced. It used to be at Pro-Roc on Mantoloking Rd. I'll see if it is still there while I'm working this week.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what class. I can't seem to find a whole lot of info out on the boat other than from Rique Ford of Ragga Muffin Racing. I have the 1982 35' Cigarette Mistress aka Cigarette Lady. The most I know that it spent most of its like on the West Coast with female owner Ana Dalva.
She's in great shape.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Raced Medicine Man, I Think Pt. Pleasant In The Early 90s, We Lost A Drive And Sank On The Outside Leg. The Boat Was Not Recovered For 3 Or 4 Days, When They Lifted The Boat Out The Bottom Was Round From Resting In The Sand & Moving With The Tide. I Don't Think It Was Repairable

Quick Reply: Looking for Old Open Class Raceboats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.