Dry Martini!!!! AWESOME!!!

Notices

Dry Martini!!!! AWESOME!!!

Old 10-23-2006, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: Dry Martini!!!! AWESOME!!!

Originally Posted by captnate
Yes he did I asked Roger to let me scan his pics so I can post, will take a long time, he has boxes full, I will try to do it asap so HORBA can use them also.

Looking forward to it! There were a couple of fast Magnums on the Barnegat Bay and Toms River in the mid 70's. If I remember correctly the Jolly Roger had a raised deck and Needle Nose was a flat deck.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

After that beautiful recent pics anyone have some "so rare" pics of the original old time Dry 35'?
Here alls that I have:

From an old OSO thread

Still the first version without the windshield of the 1975.

The Formula 1 champ Jackie Ickx look the instruments explained by Cesare Fiorio,Martini Racing Team's manager waiting to race like navigator in the Miami-Nassau of 1975.
The race was posticipated for two weeks because bad weather and Jackie,former Ferrari driver,do not raced because the test of the Lotus F1 waited him.

Now I'm waiting colours pics of that last version with windshield of the Dry Martini 35' from someone in OSO!

Last edited by Black Tornado; 10-23-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yeeharacing
I'm currently rebuilding kurtsmarine.com for Kurt and just finished rebuilding the dry martini article this morning.
It truly is a an awesome boat, and an awesome story. It's always been a dream to come across a find like that and restore something with such meaning.
I was actually standing next to the boat yesterday, taking pics of a few other boats in his yard being prepped for Destin.
My dad and I are restoring a sister-ship to Dry Martini - the Benihana 35' Cigarette (it's almost an exact copy!). I saw your pictures from yesterday (they look great!) and was wondering if you wouldn't mind doing me a favor...?

When we bought the Benihana boat, the previous owner ripped out the engines, drives, and gimbles and sold them. I have spent the last year slowly acquiring the missing pieces etc. I was wondering if you could take some more detailed pics of the engine room and e-mail them to me? What I am looking for is how everything looks from the motors back - i.e. how the crash boxes, tail-stock, and transom plates look all together. Also I'd like to see how the engines are attached and where the hydraulic pumps for the tabs & drives are located.

I hope I'm not asking too much - I'd really appreciate it...!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TrippM
Looking forward to it! There were a couple of fast Magnums on the Barnegat Bay and Toms River in the mid 70's. If I remember correctly the Jolly Roger had a raised deck and Needle Nose was a flat deck.
Roger's 27 Sport was a flat deck - Red and White , it was older and heavier. I think it was a 1969 or 1970 model.
His and Bud Crisp's Rated X 27 Sports Yellow and White were pretty much the fastest Sports on the Bay for many years.

Thank you
Jim
Old 10-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chatim Racing
My dad and I are restoring a sister-ship to Dry Martini - the Benihana 35' Cigarette (it's almost an exact copy!). I saw your pictures from yesterday (they look great!) and was wondering if you wouldn't mind doing me a favor...?

When we bought the Benihana boat, the previous owner ripped out the engines, drives, and gimbles and sold them. I have spent the last year slowly acquiring the missing pieces etc. I was wondering if you could take some more detailed pics of the engine room and e-mail them to me? What I am looking for is how everything looks from the motors back - i.e. how the crash boxes, tail-stock, and transom plates look all together. Also I'd like to see how the engines are attached and where the hydraulic pumps for the tabs & drives are located.

I hope I'm not asking too much - I'd really appreciate it...!!!
Not a problem I'm actually going down there tomorrow night but it may be too dark by the time I get there.

I also wanted to let everyone know that they are not all my pictures some were from the article by Ron Polli and photos by Sharkey Marine. Didn't want to make these guys mad after all they have helped me with over the last few weeks.

Next time I'm there during daylight I will ask Kurt.
I'm sure if you called Kurt he would do it for you...
Old 10-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 85 Posts

The resto has begun.....we hope to be out there at next years NY City Poker run with Billy Frenz.
Attached Thumbnails Dry Martini!!!! AWESOME!!!-restoration-350002-small-.jpg  
Old 10-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ben@SRP
I just got my Extreme Boats Magazine and WOW!!! What a great story and an AWESOME Historic Raceboat, DRY MARTINI!!! GREAT job Ron Polli and of course Kurt Berger on the story and the rebuilding of the boat!!! That boat is simply, BEAU-TI-FUL!!! Ron, great writing as always and I even called Kurt to learn more about the boat and it's history. Thanks very much for sharing and I REALLY hope that more of the old raceboats get restored. Where is ELBoss, Favay, Love it, and many more??? Please keep it up.

Thanks for the history lesson, Ben

PS: And JoJo, you looked great as always, Navigating...
Thanks, I hope you all enjoyed reading it.

My appologies if the facts of the opening few paragraghs were not exactly correct. It's hard putting something together from tidbits of info but I think it made for an interesting read.

Thanks to Kurt and his gang for getting her ready for the run.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by obads 31
Where is Kurt's Marine ?? What address for Roger's Shop ?? Thanks CHEERS AW
Kurts Marine Competition Center
732-477-7400
Old 10-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
The resto has begun.....we hope to be out there at next years NY City Poker run with Billy Frenz.
post some pics charlie
Old 10-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yeeharacing
Not a problem I'm actually going down there tomorrow night but it may be too dark by the time I get there.

I also wanted to let everyone know that they are not all my pictures some were from the article by Ron Polli and photos by Sharkey Marine. Didn't want to make these guys mad after all they have helped me with over the last few weeks.

Next time I'm there during daylight I will ask Kurt.
I'm sure if you called Kurt he would do it for you...
THANKS!

By the way - Ron P - I still haven't seen the article yet. I've been waiting for my OSO Platinum subscription to kick in and the place where I usually buy Extreme Boats (Books-A-Million) doesn't have them. Can't wait to read it!

Quick Reply: Dry Martini!!!! AWESOME!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.