Cigarette Competition 39 >

Cigarette Competition 39

Notices

Cigarette Competition 39

Old 12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

That is what is so great about this site.......Any boat any history, someone knows it......

I tried to get my dad to lend me the money to buy that boat but he told me i was a idiot for wanting to buy it....Know i have the same money in a 27 mag........(OH WELL)

One bad ass ride I love that old school paint...
Old 12-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by littlenige
I have seen another thread on here somewhere with this boat mentioned. I saw this boat way back in 84 in Marina del Rey. Anyone know the story on this hull or others like it?? Were many made?? A great looking machine.
The boat pictured looks like a morphidite!!!!!!! I have never seen or raced against a Cigarette like that. Based on all the Cigs I know, I`m not even sure how you could create that boat from the race boats that Don built. Think about it !!!!
there was the old wide beam 40`s The bubble deck 39`s AKA Fayva shoes/halter Cig. and the 39` Bounty hunter/halter Cig..
It`s possible it could be a Squadron 39` and maybe it was while Don still had some possesion of Cig. prior to naming squadron?????????? Anyway I would say it is a one off boat, and I would be surprised if it had any open class history. Guy Lamotta is a great guy and should know the history better than anyone. 7XCHAMP
Old 12-18-2007, 08:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Every 39 I've ever seen has the dog-leg in the rub rail about 2' up the side from the transom. The deck back by the engine hatches doesn't look "Cig" to me- that air inlet is "different". The crescent lowers on the drives suggests the boat is either post-85 or has been updated.

The hull proportions are very similar to the Squadron- that would be my guess. When Don got Cig back, he did build a handful of XEX boats with CRT HIN's.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
The boat pictured looks like a morphidite!!!!!!! I have never seen or raced against a Cigarette like that. Based on all the Cigs I know, I`m not even sure how you could create that boat from the race boats that Don built. Think about it !!!!
there was the old wide beam 40`s The bubble deck 39`s AKA Fayva shoes/halter Cig. and the 39` Bounty hunter/halter Cig..
It`s possible it could be a Squadron 39` and maybe it was while Don still had some possesion of Cig. prior to naming squadron?????????? Anyway I would say it is a one off boat, and I would be surprised if it had any open class history. Guy Lamotta is a great guy and should know the history better than anyone. 7XCHAMP
I new i should have bought it ............I going to kick my dad in the nuts.........(figures a one off)
Old 12-19-2007, 02:38 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

That was never a race boat.
It was built for the owner of the mets.
Guy delivered it for Don when new.

---ooops, sorry for the dupe.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the baddest Cig or whatever it is old schooler I've ever seen. The classics never die!
Old 12-21-2007, 01:32 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If you look at the dash pic, there's a plaque stating its built by don and rigged by McManus.
If there is any question about it being a cig, i'll see if i can get a look at the HIN, but prolly wont be till the summer.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

not a competition but a sweet old 39 for sale at lake cumberland marine
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Competition 39-10-23-06-083.jpg   Cigarette Competition 39-10-23-06-092-small-.jpg   Cigarette Competition 39-10-23-06-105-small-.jpg  

Old 06-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
If you look at the dash pic, there's a plaque stating its built by don and rigged by McManus.
If there is any question about it being a cig, i'll see if i can get a look at the HIN, but prolly wont be till the summer.
summers here..and I bet That boat HIN starts with XEX or actually like 7Champ said is a Squadron like Home Wrecker and Guy Lamottas Dry Martini.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always liked this boat and never seen one like this......I would have picked this for that Miami to Bimini race for sure if I had a choice...

Quick Reply: Cigarette Competition 39

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.