Cigarette Competition 39 >

Cigarette Competition 39

Notices

Cigarette Competition 39

Old 12-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Cigarette Competition 39

I have seen another thread on here somewhere with this boat mentioned. I saw this boat way back in 84 in Marina del Rey. Anyone know the story on this hull or others like it?? Were many made?? A great looking machine.
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Competition 39-cig-39.jpg   Cigarette Competition 39-cig-39-1.jpg   Cigarette Competition 39-cig-39-2.jpg  

Old 12-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Cigarette Competition 39

Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Competition 39-cig-39-3.jpg   Cigarette Competition 39-cig-39-4.jpg  
Old 12-05-2006, 08:46 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

This boat now resides at LaMottas Marina in Port Washington NY.. on Long Island. It is owned by Guy LaMotta Jr. His father Guy Sr. delivered this boat to its original owner, the owner of the NY Mets back then(hence the colors). He also owned the marina back then and a Marina in Montauk. Sr. was also fairly close w/ Don.
The boat is rarely used by its new owner(of 2-3yrs). Maybe 1-2x a year on a poker run. It is still original. Engines were rebuilt when purchased by Guy Jr. They do all their own engine work.
IMO, this boat is BADASS!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
This boat now resides at LaMottas Marina in Port Washington NY.. on Long Island. It is owned by Guy LaMotta Jr. His father Guy Sr. delivered this boat to its original owner, the owner of the NY Mets back then(hence the colors). He also owned the marina back then and a Marina in Montauk. Sr. was also fairly close w/ Don.
The boat is rarely used by its new owner(of 2-3yrs). Maybe 1-2x a year on a poker run. It is still original. Engines were rebuilt when purchased by Guy Jr. They do all their own engine work.
IMO, this boat is BADASS!!!
Nice history, very cool.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those old school boats are like Detroit muscle cars of the 60's and 70's to me, they don't build them like they used to. There aren't too many new boats I look at today and say "THAT'S going to be a classic".
Old 12-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Billy, That would sure make a sweet ocean ride!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The boat has had 3 owners that I know of. I was friends with the 2nd owner and ran the boat with him a few times... probably one of the coolest boats I have ever run... The motors were Hawks with Buick heads...

I had that boat sold to Fred from Trick and then Guy stepped in and talked to the owner directly...

it went CHEAP!

BTW, there was only one other made with that deck design. It was for sale a long time ago with a Pink Panther on the side...

Last edited by Sean; 12-11-2006 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
The boat has had 3 owners that I know of. I was friends with the 2nd owner and ran the boat with him a few times... probably one of the coolest boats I have ever run... The motors were Hawks with Buick heads...

I had that boat sold to Fred from Trick and then Guy stepped in and talked to the owner directly...

it went CHEAP!

BTW, there was only one other made with that deck design. It was for sale a long time ago with a Pink Panther on the side...
The one with the Pink Pather on the side was over here in Chicago. I don't know if it is still around or not.
It was called "Home Wrecker"
Old 12-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup...that's the one!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking boat. Awesome lines.

Quick Reply: Cigarette Competition 39

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.