Notices

Don Aronow question

Old 12-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Don Aronow question

I spent yesterday in NY with Michael Aronow, comparing information on what HORBA has in it's files and what the Aronow archives have.....there are tons of unbelievable stuff between the two sources.

We would like to do a tribute to Don in 2007 as he would have been 80 years old, if he had lived this coming March 1.

What would you, the people like to see?

We have everything from childhood photos to early racing shots and actual movies of him racing both here and overseas.

One idea was a book containing 80 photos, that had never been published before. Another was a history with photos of the development of each boat company that he started.

Please help with your suggestions, as we would like to get this organized and up and running soon after the first of the year.

Thank you for your interest and suggestions. You can write to us directly at www.historicraceboats.com or post an answer here on OSO.
Attached Thumbnails Don Aronow question-aronowfile0021a.jpg  
Old 12-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Don Aronow question

Charlie, I think the idea of covering the history in photos of the development of each boat company that he started is a great idea.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charlie

The idea of book is excellent, especially with the propect of previously unseen photographs.
Personally, if possible, I would like to see a three part book with a chapter covering the racer, another one his boat companies and finally one devoted to the man the man himself.

Phil.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by littlenige
Charlie, I think the idea of covering the history in photos of the development of each boat company that he started is a great idea.

I like this too !
Old 12-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great ideas all . However I still believe he should have a memorial on 188th, maybe a statue with a plaque telling his story. Theres too much history there to let it be forgotten
Old 12-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Great ideas all . However I still believe he should have a memorial on 188th, maybe a statue with a plaque telling his story. Theres too much history there to let it be forgotten
I agree, Its a shame nothing was done before it became what it is now. Also a book detailing the history would be very nice.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Good point! I suggested on another thread somewhere that maybe the street should be renamed Thunderboat Row, or Don Aronow Boulevard or whatever. Anybody living in the area know if there is anything there to remind the world the history that was created in the area? Or is it all just new anonymous buildings with no suggestion of what went on there??
Old 12-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Unfortunatly no one would ever have a clue, other than the old hold out of Magnum Marine on the corner, and the vacant wooded property on the end of the street, which was next to Bobby Moore/Aronow shops. HISTORY literally. I f we could scrape together 18 or 20 million we could buy the end piece owned by Magnum and do our Museum approx. 5 acres that Magnum owns. Figure couple more million for buildings and 1/2 mil a year to sustain it. I`ll chip in the first $100.00 and would like to be considered for the job of curator and founder.
Happy New Years thoughts. 7XCHAMP
Old 12-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
I`ll chip in the first $100.00 and would like to be considered for the job of curator and founder.
Happy New Years thoughts. 7XCHAMP
Old 12-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by littlenige
Yup, me too! The racing history is easier to come by. His development and sale of each company, in detail from those that know would be very interesting to learn about.

It's pretty amazing when you think about it,,,,,,,,,, starting and making successful several companies. Especially when you consider that they were ALL manufacturing boats, very similar boats. Has that even ever been done before???? Or since????

Quick Reply: Don Aronow question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.