1,000 more photos in HORBA >

1,000 more photos in HORBA

Notices

1,000 more photos in HORBA

Old 06-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts
Default 1,000 more photos in HORBA

We just opened up a new Photo Forum section for our Diamond Anchor members that has 1,000 new photos posted.

We have organized it to cover a race by race format. We start with the early 60's Miami to Nassau races all the way up to the 1992 offshore races.

Anyone can add their own comments for each race....if you were there and you remember something that happened at that race, tell us about it, bring the race back to life for those who never had the opportunity to be there.

Some races have the complete before / during / and after series of photos that shows a lot of activity around the dry pits , actual race and up to the awards banquet.

Thank you so much again for your continued support to help us keep the history of this great sport alive.

www.historicraceboats.com
Attached Thumbnails 1,000 more photos in HORBA-sam-griffith0004-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 06-20-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hi charlie, i am a diamond anchor memeber but cant seem to find it, what am i not observing, where do i need to be directed to view. cant wait
Old 06-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TOASTY
hi charlie, i am a diamond anchor memeber but cant seem to find it, what am i not observing, where do i need to be directed to view. cant wait
All Diamond Anchor members were sent new instructions and a link to click on for a new password yesterday.

The European members all transferred fine, we are having a problem with the Americans. Please refer back to your e-mail for the instructions again.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horba Diamond Anchor Photo Forum

Originally Posted by Top Banana
All Diamond Anchor members were sent new instructions and a link to click on for a new password yesterday.

The European members all transferred fine,....

Thanks
The best email I've received all day yesterday. What a treat!
The new site is beyond words. I have had the opportunity to see pictures of boats I had heard about but never seen before.
If you haven't upgraded to Diamond Anchor membership yet, I really recommend it.

Thank you HORBA and continue providing us with such gems.

Phil.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am hard to impress, sometimes, but that photo board is SENSATIONAL!
Old 06-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
I am hard to impress, sometimes, but that photo board is SENSATIONAL!
Thank you Brownie!! We've been working really hard to get this running...just started posting the 1966 Miami-Nassau...
Old 06-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And if anyone would like to post stories of how it was "back in the day" we have just the forum for it.

http://www.proprider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140
Old 06-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Registered

Phil, Brownie and others........Thanks for the positive response......this has been a lot of work. It is much easier to rig and dial in a race boat, than to go through all this web stuff.

We have changed the password system so that you can now set up your own password and user name and you can get into the site much easier.

Anyone who has some knowledge of any of these races or people pictured, please add your two cents in the comments section, it just makes it better for all the members to be able to read comments from those who were really there.

Some of the stuff can be modified to protect the reputations also........

There was once upon a time, a certain race boat that was set up with a radio antenna in the staff that held the American flag. A certain someone was flying over the race and heard, as he switched channels on his radio, navigation help being given over this channel.

Upon inspection of the boat after the race, it was found to have been wired up for plane to boat conversations. No wonder that crew was always so good at navigating.

Yes Virginia, that was specifically against the rules of the day....compass navigation only.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is WOW... I got the bug in 1984 when my Dad took me to Key West to watch the races and seeing all the work you put into Horba has just brought back so many great and amazing memories. Charlie...all your hard work is so very much worth it..

Thank you very much.

Eric
Old 06-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

DItto the earlier comment - quite a number of boats I have never seen before. What wonderful photographs. Thankyou HORBA board members. You're making many people happy....

Quick Reply: 1,000 more photos in HORBA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.