Cigarette 35 Raceboats >

Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Notices

Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Old 02-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o26408-en.html just paint it black.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Fords Cove [Henery Fords Estate] on Lake St Clair..
We used to go there often... Tough to get in there now though... lost of rocks near the entrance.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Steeb,you are making some confusion with the hull #3;
it was originally American Eagle of Tom Gentry and Richie Powers in the 1976.Then the boat was sold to Bernie Little,boss of the beer brand Anheuser Bush and it made race Joe Ippolito in 1977.
Then The boat was purchased by Barcenas that rename it Panama Hawk.
Tom Gentry then purchased in 1978 a second 35' from Weichselbaum his Mighty Mouse ex Conspiracy and as Richie Powers tells us, sent the boat in Australia to race in that championship as American Eagle.

About the Banshee I know little. Runs without success in 1977 and 1978 the championship USA with a certain W.Cole.
I am a great deal some that then that boat become the Daddy Cool.
Barcenas doesnt own the Panama Hawk. Its lying covered at the marina in Panama. Owner sometimes fires her up and takes the boat for a spin, but normally keeps it covered with the engines preserved.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CafeRacerPTY
Barcenas doesnt own the Panama Hawk. Its lying covered at the marina in Panama. Owner sometimes fires her up and takes the boat for a spin, but normally keeps it covered with the engines preserved.
Ok,but Barcenas drove that boat in some US races or not?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Registered

truthfully, dont know about that..

heres the pic of the boat covered up at the marina, i will try to get uncovered pics soon
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette 35 Raceboats-phawk.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
steeb (06-05-2020)
Old 04-15-2010, 03:55 AM
Registered

Default Barcenas

Here we go then Marco.

R.Barcenas drove Panama Hawk in 1982.

Now this might seem odd,but I have now amended my records such that Panama Hawk was ex-Satisfaction,ex-Bounty Hunter II.

The 1976 American Eagle (White) ended up in 1978 as Ajac Hawk,prior to Jacoby having a 37.5ft Ciggy.

Somewhere in all the internet diatribe the above was thrashed out.

Logically you would think Panama Hawk was ex-Ajac Hawk,but there were people on the spot who said otherwise.If you are undecided about the above I will have to dig out the facts as I noted them at the time.

More darkroom time methinks.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by flying fish
Here we go then Marco.

Now this might seem odd,but I have now amended my records such that Panama Hawk was ex-Satisfaction,ex-Bounty Hunter II.

The 1976 American Eagle (White) ended up in 1978 as Ajac Hawk,prior to Jacoby having a 37.5ft Ciggy.

Logically you would think Panama Hawk was ex-Ajac Hawk,but there were people on the spot who said otherwise.If you are undecided about the above I will have to dig out the facts as I noted them at the time.

by R Barcenas you mean Rafael?

anyways, heres the vid of a race in Panama. Racer in the cat is Barcenas, followed by Panama Hawk. PH wins this race in the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqWjMcaoXXc

Last edited by CafeRacerPTY; 04-15-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by flying fish
Here we go then Marco.

My recollection, which I believe is correct. Panama Hawk is the Gentry american Eagle # 99 that we won the world championship with in 1976. It was sold first to Ippolitto and sponsored by Bernie Little, renamed Anheuser Natural Light, Joey and I raced it in a few races while building a new Scarab, which we were trying to have ready for the worlds in Key West, when we failed to have the Scarab finished and tested for worlds, we frantically got the 35` Cig ready and went to Key West with it. The water was really rough and we were in the lead when the port side split from the deck to the water line, and we ruptured a fuel tank. Incidentally this is the boat that I painted the tanks to resemble beer cans. 54 fl. gal. each X 4. The boat was then sold to Jacoby while his new 37` Cig was being built, if he raced the 35 it was maybe only couple races, maybe none, so the 35 sat until Barcenas came along, and joined forces with Jacoby and Hak Marine, the 35 was then named Panama Hawk and painted almost identical to the new 37` Ajack Hawk, which became Super Brut. Anyway: Hope this clears everything up. I personally would love to have the Panama Hawk/Anheuser Natural Light/Ajack Hawk/American Eagle, afterall I built her and won the 1976 UIM world championship with her, she isl a good candidate for a museum piece, along with Dry Martini.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CafeRacerPTY
truthfully, dont know about that..

heres the pic of the boat covered up at the marina, i will try to get uncovered pics soon
When I see the picture, it all comes back. The trailer was one of the first really custom type trailers built. It was built to my spec`s by Jerry Rossi of Target trailers, it became the forerunner of the custom trailers that followed, Myco etc. The trailer was a story in it`s own and at the time was the talk of the industry. Many inovations we came up with that are on the trailers of today. It was a work of art, one of the first Imron painted trailers etc. It is definitly the trailer for American Eagle #99 1976 UIM world champion.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Registered

Default Panama Hawk

Looking back through the files,I see `fast donzi` mentioned Ajac Hawk and Panama Hawk were two different boats,but thinking about it,he was probably referring to the 37.5ft Ajac Hawk,in which case the 35ft Ajac Hawk would have been Panama Hawk as Richie has stated.

Quick Reply: Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.