Notices

My Resto Project

Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 AM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My Resto Project

I'm well into a complete resto of an 86 Chris Cat race boat .
The hull is very sound structurally . I am going to replace some of the existing reinforcements , stringers and possilbly the transom with foam/carbon/epoxy .
The boat was originally foam cored and one of the last ones built .
I'm also considering a four place reinforced cockpit .
Yesterday I picked up motors from the P1 Raven race team ( good guys ) I intend to refresh and use .
I'm trying to figure out how to post photos of the progress . Any help out there ?
Old 03-05-2008, 08:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On posting photos-

You have one of two options. First, when you are starting or replying to a thread, simply select "Go Advanced" It will open another window that will give you attachment options. Keep in mind you'll probably have to resize digital camera pics- both because of bit-size and physical size. The site will display JPEGS, not bitmaps (BMP).

Your other option is to 3rd party host your pics. I use a site called Photobucket. http://s38.photobucket.com/ You can host just about any file and then it displays automatically in your thread via "tagging". After you upload your file, it gives you options on display. All you do is copy the "embed" link and paste it into your post

Example-

The code I copied is-
IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/CTS1489/AjacHawkMercruiserAd.jpg[/IMG]

I deleted the first bracket to show the code. If I add it in, this automatically happens-

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 03-05-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 943 Likes on 474 Posts

you should have a button labled "Manage Attachments" when typing out responces.....not the quick reply box thats on this page at the bottom but if you hit "Go Advanced" then you will see it towards the bottom.....then you can attach images.......if that doesnt work for ya then you can email me the pics and i'd be happy to post them up for ya "bigblockwally @ hotmail.com"

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim, just tried you at your office... Try you again later (dang west coast guys! ).

Is Raven the old Ocean Spray Fountain? Or similar looking?

Congrats on the new power. Can't wait to see photos!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:28 PM
aex
Registered

Thanks men , I'll attempt to post photos tomorrow . You make it seem easy .
Dude I don't know what if anything Raven was , they could be the first owners . My brother picked up the motors and said they had a great setup and were straight shooters . I dealt with Allen , he was accomodating and efficient .
He told me the Fountain went 142 and with his new power would be in the 150s . I wish them well .
Old 03-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Team Raven

Team Raven is the old Ocean Spray Fountain...this will be the 2nd year for them with the boat,however new engines. Bud
Old 03-06-2008, 12:13 PM
aex
Registered

I swear she's not as rough as the photos would lead you to believe .
Attached Thumbnails My Resto Project-dcp_0001.jpg   My Resto Project-dcp_0004.jpg   My Resto Project-dcp_0007.jpg  

Old 03-06-2008, 12:17 PM
aex
Registered

And some more .
Guys thanks for the help , that was straight forward , now my 8 track is dragging any suggestions ?
Attached Thumbnails My Resto Project-dcp_0010.jpg   My Resto Project-dcp_0005.jpg   My Resto Project-dcp_0006.jpg  

Old 03-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Registered

Good luck with the restore and hopefully youll be able to update with photos along the way. Looks great thus far should be a fun build!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by aex
And some more .
Guys thanks for the help , that was straight forward , now my 8 track is dragging any suggestions ?
Wedge a match book in the opening.

Quick Reply: My Resto Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.