Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
28ss cigarette anyone recognize this boat? >

28ss cigarette anyone recognize this boat?

Notices

28ss cigarette anyone recognize this boat?

Old 03-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28ss cigarette anyone recognize this boat?

one person said he thought it was originally at everglades/ft lauderdale in the early 80's .anyone know any history of it?it is an all original rigged boat 1979 at one point the name was "wet spot"any and all inof appreciated--terry28ss cigarette anyone recognize this boat?-cig-left.jpg
Old 03-28-2008, 03:00 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

How old is that pic?
A friend of mine in Houston owned one very similar that one Maybe same?.I use to run it back in the early eighties(83) till the early 90s.
Had a big "L" on it and had saddle interior. Small blocks.
He was close friends with Red Adair and that whole group had em and raced em back then I loved that boat so much.
My first exposer to offshore boats.
Any other photos of it?
Old 03-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered

The owner of hidden mill marina in mays landing new jersey put together an original black gel coat 28'. like that boat about 5 years ago,with small blocks and t r s drives not sure were it went after he sold it.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bUMP..

Spoke to tag1 today, his login is not working and he can't get an answer out of OSO as to why.. He'll be back shortly..

Cool boat BTW
Old 04-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher
How old is that pic?
A friend of mine in Houston owned one very similar that one Maybe same?.I use to run it back in the early eighties(83) till the early 90s.
Had a big "L" on it and had saddle interior. Small blocks.
He was close friends with Red Adair and that whole group had em and raced em back then I loved that boat so much.
My first exposer to offshore boats.
Any other photos of it?
sorry for the time delay--my password wasn;t working...
it was taken about a month ago after i went to houston to pick it up.yep!!,i think this is the boat you ran please email me: [email protected] to tell me all about the boat,i am really interested in finding all about it and it;s history,previous owners,ect,ect.
i now have the boat totally stripped.it is being painted this week with alwgrip on the cockpit/deck,engine bilge,and then off to the riggers.it is being rerigged by a race rigger from miami,and total repowerd with 383(stroked 350 blocks) mercruisers/bravo drives.all new wiring,new stripes on the side of the original black gel coat hull,then all new white upholstery throughout.hopefully in time for brownies race from miami/bimini/miami on june 20th.i am also installing the optional teak dash on it as well.i decided to redo it to make it dependable.it ran all okay but time had taken its toll on cosmetics and patch jobs on wiring,ect,ect.i did not want to trust it in the islands
scott mander from new home in quincy fla(he is from south fla) is doing the repower and helping on re rigging the boat (seems like a very good man).brownie reccomended him to me his buisness name is speed and sport marine i believe,i would have to double check on the name though--tag1
Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what are your plans for the trs drives and gimbals?
awesome project!

CDC
Old 05-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

That is one sharp looking boat. Be sure to post some pics of your progress...
Old 05-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TOASTY
what are your plans for the trs drives and gimbals?
awesome project!

CDC
i traded the entire package into scott mander ph 850-875-0381.outdrives were fresh water and in nice shape.transmissions were the same(merctrans),i also had one spare gimble and one spare transmission.the engines has 100 hrs on them,one was overhauled with a little lifter noise in it,could probably have been adjusted out,have reciepts for the overhaul.the other engine was a 350hp bow tie(chevrolet) motor with alum intake/heads.it ran perfect also have the reciept for it.dealer cost was $3100 for the motor in '96.give scott a call he is dur to put my new power /riggingin next week if all goes good with the painter--tag1