Notices

Bounty Hunter

Old 07-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good new avatar Nigel! Good to still hear you.
There is to fall asleep in this forum of Offshore Classic that doesn't have anything of classic almost anymore.....
Old 07-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

For pics-Bounty Hunter's official website:
www.Bountyhunteroffshoreracing.com
Old 08-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bounty Hunter:
79 Custom Made Cigarette. This boat was built for my father from Don Aronow as a retirement gift. It is NOT a race boat, but was actually built as a "sport fishing boat". The purpose was to deep sea fish with it with the intention, of being able to run out to sea at 80mph while the "Sport fishermans" Chugged along. He would get out there 2 hours faster, and be able to stay out there 2 hours longer, and fish. He was immediatly banned by the organization (who also owned a large "Sport Fishing Boat Company". If you actually look down the sides of the boat, you will see it has Pole Holders on it.
Year: 1979
Manufacturer: Cigarette
Length: 36'
Power: Twin 610cuin Rogers Speed Shop Engines
Drives: #3 Speedmasters, (with #5 Big Shafts)

Thanks Everyone, havent been on line in a while, work has me dragged down. We have all intentions of being in the Patchoque LI NY Race as well as Point Pleasant NJ. Talk to everyone soon.

Jr.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered

Some Pics:
Attached Images    
Old 08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Registered

More:
Attached Thumbnails Bounty Hunter-bountyhunterab.jpg   Bounty Hunter-4-51.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered

Special Thanks for the pictures: Freeze Frame Video www.freezeframe.us Imax www.imaximages.com Sharkey Images www.sharkey-images.com Dee at Lucididee www.lucidideefastboats.com
Attached Thumbnails Bounty Hunter-08cc1548.jpg   Bounty Hunter-060108_r1199.jpg   Bounty Hunter-offshore-racing-070.jpg  

Old 08-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Registered

Hi Billy,

I think everybody on here would like to know more about your dads boats.

Would it be possible that you could have a write up with a picture of each boat attached with the stats on it? ie approx year, hp, mph. That would be fantastic.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered

Hello Priceb,

I will Try and get some stats for you, on the boats. I saw the other thread, Just been tryin to tie my father down, so he could give me some info lol.

Jr.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Billy Martin
Hello Priceb,

I will Try and get some stats for you, on the boats. I saw the other thread, Just been tryin to tie my father down, so he could give me some info lol.

Jr.
Thanks heaps.

Actually i've found some articles/pictures on your dads boats in some old australian magazines which i plan to scan and post
Old 09-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered

I remember being a kid on vacation in Point Pleasant one summer and kept hearing that sound...couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I jumped on my stingray and happened to go by the beach as the orange Bounty Hunter went screaming by. My first exposure to offshore boat racing. Later I found out some boats were DQ'd for racing too close to shore....great for me. That night my dad & I were driving around that night a saw the BH. We stopped and talked to one of the crew (maybe Billy) He was kind and polite enough to answer my questions about the motors (Hill injected 496's if I remember correctly). What more could a 10 or 11 year ask for....Thanks

Tom W

Quick Reply: Bounty Hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.