Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Classic Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore-199/)
-   -   Bounty Hunter (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/191819-bounty-hunter.html)

richsformula 07-24-2008 11:03 AM

Bounty Hunter

Everyday I drive down Rt. 22 in Green Brooke, New Jersey past a furniture store named Martin's furniture. Occationally I see an old school off shore racer named "Bounty Hunter" parked in front of the store. Very cool boat. Does anyone know anything about this boat?

Fast Shafts 07-24-2008 11:38 AM

It's a 36 Cigarette and currently being raced in OPA. You can probably see it race in Patchouge LI on Aug24 or Point Pleasant on Sept 7. It's a great rough water boat!

T2x 07-24-2008 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by richsformula (Post 2633697)
Everyday I drive down Rt. 22 in Green Brooke, New Jersey past a furniture store named Martin's furniture. Occationally I see an old school off shore racer named "Bounty Hunter" parked in front of the store. Very cool boat. Does anyone know anything about this boat?

Billy Martin is one of the true icons of the sport and his" Bounty Hunter" race boats stretch back to the 60's. He raced all over the world and came out of many years of retirement to race in the new bracket classes.

T2x

richsformula 07-24-2008 01:36 PM

What year is she? What class does she race in? What kind of power?

hey, sorry about all the questions. I just love the classics.

Fast Shafts 07-24-2008 02:55 PM

Formula,
Check out www.oparacing.org for pics. I think the boat is a mid 1970's 36 with #3 speedmasters. It runs in class 4. Billy Jr races with his dad and is a member on this board.

Top Banana 07-24-2008 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by richsformula (Post 2633886)
What year is she? What class does she race in? What kind of power?

hey, sorry about all the questions. I just love the classics.

Check out the HORBA site and take a look at some of the old race movies from that era from Big Seas.

www.historicraceboats.com

Chris Sunkin 07-24-2008 08:03 PM

Here's an article about Betty Cook and her racing Billy.

nocigarette 07-25-2008 10:14 AM

That boat is timeless, and a great competitive boat even today, i love watching that boat run next to us in ocean city....

Black Tornado 07-25-2008 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by nocigarette (Post 2634629)
That boat is timeless, and a great competitive boat even today, i love watching that boat run next to us in ocean city....

Not by chance that hull 36' it is the most succesfully of the whole history of the Offshore competitions.
Stretching the original 32' to 36' Aronow reached the correct equilibrium by all the seas of the world.
Quite competitive in flat seas and unbeatable on rough seas.
The best hull Offshore ever built. My personal opinion.
Marco

littlenige 07-29-2008 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Black Tornado (Post 2635067)
Not by chance that hull 36' it is the most succesfully of the whole history of the Offshore competitions.
Stretching the original 32' to 36' Aronow reached the correct equilibrium by all the seas of the world.
Quite competitive in flat seas and unbeatable on rough seas.
The best hull Offshore ever built. My personal opinion.
Marco

I'm with Marco on those 36 wide bodies. Lines to make you drool...