Notices

Super Hawaii

Old 08-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Super Hawaii

What is the history behind these boats and who built them?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Registered

i would like to know that too. when i was a kid i remember seeing the advertisments for them. If i remember right they were called Super Hero then changed to Super Hawaii. The ones i saw had big wings on top.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

We built the molds & the US versions in Fl first up in Panama City and then we took over the old Aquasport plant for expansion into Asia. The Buzzi stlye race boats were made by Buzzi and the Buzzi style pleasure boats came from Bruno Abbatte.

Yes, they were Super Hero first.

When you say "I remember them as a kid" you make me feel very old!!!!

Ask me what you want to know and I'll tell you as best I can?

Joe Gere
Old 08-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

This boat was the one I saw and there was a 41 that looks similar to it. There was a boat similar to this on on ebay not too long ago and it was a staggard as well...Great looking boat. My main question was where did the hull spawn from or was it a custom mold.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...r-Vee-93155697
Attached Thumbnails Super Hawaii-superhawaii.jpg  

Last edited by wstultz; 08-07-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

This one is being listed as a cig but I believe it is a Super Hawaii as well. Looks like the same lines as the 34 and resembles some of the Aronow hulls.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...-1991-93335119

I remember the ones racing with the wings that looked like Buzzi hulls but I mostly remember these pleasure versions that look totally different. What can you tell us about them Habana Joe? I appreciate the info.
Attached Thumbnails Super Hawaii-superhawaii2.jpg  

Last edited by wstultz; 08-07-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

The hulls were fom Midnight Express, the SH 34 was a Midnight 32 and the SH 40 was a Midnight 37. The bussels gave them the extra length.

The SH's or the Aronow's all came from some off shoot of a Cigarette somehow. I was told the Aronow 32 was the same hull as our 34 just without bussel and different deck.

I remember being at the 1990 Miami show, there was a white w/blue green 32 Aronow there and our VP of Production Dan Higgins and I were looking at the hull saying "That's ours!"
Old 08-08-2008, 04:49 AM
Registered

I remember some of Yoshiro Kitami's Super Hawaii boats took part in one of the Venice-Monte Carlo races. There were a 46' (looked like an Offshorer Marine Monte Carlo but without the arch with a slightly modified deck) and a turbine-powered GT60' both designed (and built?) by Buzzi and a SH 40' Super Hawk. Will try to post some pics later.
I think a SH 38' (Buzzi designed Offshorer Marine) was used for racing in the US in 1990.
Some people on OSO said the one below is a SH, too. The hull looks like a Buzzi 38' with modified deck and tail:

Last edited by olli; 08-08-2008 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:34 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

olli, i saw THAT boat at the Miami Boat show... i'm guessing 1993?? But I KNOW it was that boat. That low profile at the stern, and the rear bolster seating got my blood flowing!!!
OH YEAH, and it was shown AS a Super Hawaii.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=HabanaJoe;2647993

Yes, they were Super Hero first.

When you say "I remember them as a kid" you make me feel very old!!!!

Ask me what you want to know and I'll tell you as best I can?

Joe Gere[/QUOTE]

i'm still a kid so i hope you feel that old

I am just suprised that there are not more of the "race style" ones around. thanks for the info Joe
Old 08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
Cool , i like the M.express 32 . The one that was for sale in the clasifieds.
Dont like the bussels on these ,but hey everybody likes dif. stuff.
Nice boat though .
Thanks for posting some pics.
I was with Intrepid in 1991 when I opened up the factory store at harbor town marina in Dania Beach Fla., at that time the owner of Intrepid was in some form of Partnership with Kitami ( owner of super hero/hawaii ) I displayed a 46` triple seateck with wing and all, as well as the 39` euro pictured with twin seatechs and Buzzi drives. The boats were fun and ran good, I did a boat test with Richard Theil I think Boating or power & motoryacht magazine, we took the 39` out into the rough and had lot`s of fun, he wrote a really nice article about riding with me and how the boat performed. If I remember I believe the boat ran 69 mph????????? anyway it was a hard sell, I think it eventually went to Japan with the 46`.

Quick Reply: Super Hawaii

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.