Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
The good ol days. What a lineup! >

The good ol days. What a lineup!

Notices

The good ol days. What a lineup!

Old 09-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The good ol days. What a lineup!

This is the official race lineup from our local paper in my hometown from back in the day. 4/15/1989 to be exact. I was a mere five years old! The good ole days. What a lineup! I see JT and GB, and even the Serralles's. My Dad and my uncles boat is the "Wet Willie" in sportsmans B-Class 24 skater. They used to test props behind our house on the bay and I would sit on our dock for hours in Awe watching them fly back in forwth. My Mom was cool enough (or crazy enough) to let me ride with them sometimes. I had a red plastic race helmet that you could buy at the dollar store that I always wore cuz I wanted to be just like them. I would sit between my Dads legs (basically on the floor) and they would give her hell. He would have to hold my cheap helmet down on my head to keep it from blowin off. I could never see over the dash All I knew is that it was loud as heck and FAST!!! Greatest memories of my life to this day. Do you guys recognize any of these boats?

Entries in the Century-Glasstream Offshore Classic

Modified

Agitator (M-10)

-- Allan Dunteman, Oak Brook, Ill., owner and driver; Kirk Dunteman, Fort Lauderdale, throttleman. Boat is a 32-foot Skater with two 650-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 122 mph.

- - -

Pro-Stock

Low Bid (P-12)

-- George Gill, Lawton, Ok., owner and driver; Trey Gill, Panama City, navigator; Barney Welch, Oklahoma City, Ok., throttleman. Boat is a 30-foot Shadow Cat with three 260-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 101 mph.

Panama Jack (P-19)

-- John Carbona, Fort Myers Beach, owner and driver; Terry Hill, Fort Myers, throttleman. Boat is a 31-foot Conquest with three 265-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 100 mph.

- - -

ET

Thin Ice (S-12)

-- Robert Beasley, Fort Myers Beach, owner and driver; Steve Skorupski, Fort Myers, throttleman. Boat is a 24-foot Douglas Skater with two 200-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 90 mph.

Spirit of America II (S-15)

-- John Antonelli, Fort Lauderdale, owner; Scott Barnhart, Hollywood, driver; Nick Antonelli, Fort Lauderdale, throttleman. Boat is a 24-foot Skater with two 200-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 92 mph.

Hat Trick (S-17)

-- Marshall Buder, St. Charles, Mo., owner and driver; Terry Ayres, St. Charles, Mo., throttleman. Boat is a 24-foot Skater with two 200-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 92 mph.

Conch Attack (S-40)

-- Scott Cates, Key West, owner and driver; Craig Cates, Key West, owner and throttleman. Boat is a 24-foot Skater with two 200-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is unknown.

Rave On (S-43)

-- Peter Fuchs, Teaneck, N.Y., driver; M.J. Inganamort, Teaneck, N.Y., owner and throttleman. Boat is a 25-foot Talon with two 200-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 90 mph.

Party's Over (S-611)

-- Mark Shannon, Davie, driver; Gary Ballough, Boca Raton, owner and throttleman; Roy Metz, Boca Raton, navigator. Boat is a 28-foot Seahawk with two 200-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 75 mph.

- - -

Sportsman A

Snakebite (A-1)

-- Richard Misiti, Lake Ronkonkoma, N.Y., owner, driver and throttleman; Wayne Amman, Nesconset, N.Y., navigator. Boat is a 28-foot Sleekcraft with one 500-horsepower Mercruiser engine. Top speed is 78 mph.

Rampage (A-9)

-- Ralph Hutson, Dadeville, Ala., driver; Roberr Corum, Altamonte Springs, owner and throttleman. Boat is a 27-foot Cigarette with one 525-horsepower engine. Top speed is 75 mph.

Rainmaker (A-15)

-- Dennis Shea, Sarasota, driver; John Armstrong, Sarasota, owner and throttleman. Boat is a 26-foot Corsa with one 300-horsepower Mercury engine. Top speed is 65.

Turn of the Century (A-16)

-- A.L. Kirkland, Panama City Beach, owner and driver; Sammy Neal, Panama City Beach, throttleman; Johnny Drake, Panama City Beach, navigator. Boat is a 26-foot Century with two 350-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 83 mph.

Miss Shipwreck Shirts (A-18)

-- Brian Bogwell, Panama City Beach, driver; Joe Fletcher, Irwin, Calif., throttleman. Boat is a 21-foot Glasstream with one 320-horsepower Chevy engine. Top speed is 70.

Protector (A-26)

-- Frank Pase, Topeka, Kansas, owner and driver; Kurt Richter, Topeka, Kansas, throttleman. Boat is a 25-foot Protector with one 500-horsepower Chevy engine. Top speed is unknown.

First Choice Haricutters Shortcut (A-32)

-- Thomas Herring, Cape Coral, owner and driver; Don Dumont, Fort Myers, throttleman. Boat is a 24-foot Cigarette with one 600-horsepower Mercury engine. Top speed is 80 mph.

Air Time (A-45)

-- Brent Friehofer, Clearwater, owner and driver; Ron Weber, Clearwater, navigator. Boat is a 22-foot Velocity with one 375-horsepower engine. Top speed is 75 mph.

Renegade (A-67)

-- Rick Houston, Valrico, owner and driver; Mike Connor, St. Petersburgh, navigator. Boat is a 21-foot Rally Sport with one 220-horsepower Mercury engine. Top speed is 65 mph.

Velocity (A-37)

-- Keith Barco, Jacksonville, owner and driver; Chip Matthews, Jacksonville, navigator. Boat is a 20-foot Velocity with one 200-horsepower Johnson engine. Top speed is unknown.

- - -

Sportsman B

Phantom (B-11)

-- William Smith, Clearwater, owner and driver; Anthony Roach, St. Petersburgh, throttleman. Boat is a 29-foot Phantom with two 240-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 85 mph.

Wet Willie (B-12)

-- Craig Reeder, Panama City, owner and driver; Richard Conti, Miami, throttleman. Boat is a 24-foot Douglas Skater with one 300-horsepower Johnson engine. Top speed is 85 mph.

It's Quick (B-14)

-- John Brimer, Metarie, La., driver; Mickey Weiser, New Orleans, owner and throttleman. Boat is a 29-foot Maelstrom with two 200-horsepower Suzuki engines. Top speed is 75 mph.

Turn of the Century (B-16)

-- Joe Sorrentino Sr., Lauderhill, driver; Joe Sorrentino Jr., Lauderhill, navigator; Skip Kriner, Hollywood, throttleman. Boat is a 26-foot Century with two 400-horsepower Mercruiser engines. Top speed is unknown.

Lady L (B-22)

-- Anthony Luccaro, Port Washington, N.Y., driver; Peter Meyer, Port Washington, N.Y., owner and throttleman. Boat is a 28-foot Signature with two 400-horsepower Chevy engines. Top speed is 85 mph.

Head Hunter (B-40)

-- Carmen Morono, Pembroke Pines, driver; Mike McCrary, North Miami Beach, navigator; Peter Lloyd, Miramar, throttleman. Boat is a 26-foot Corsa with two 200-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is unknown.

Bad Influence (B-78)

-- Robert Schultz, St. Petersburg, owner and driver; Kenny Gorbel, Sarasota, navigator. Boat is a 30-foot Wellcraft with two 450-horsepower Chevy engines. Top speed is 70.

- - -

Sportsman C

Fish Peddler (C-4)

-- Marc Mercury, Miami, driver; Craig Maudsley, Miami, owner and throttleman. Boat is a 30-foot Shadow Cat with two 250-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 80 mph.

Borderline (C-6)

-- Daniel Rocco, Houston, Texas, driver; Dan Rocco, Houston, Texas, owner and throttleman. Boat is a 33-foot Excaliber with three 220-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 80 mph.

Bodacious (C-11)

-- Lin Dawson, Windemere, owner and driver; Alan French, Largo, throttleman. Boat is a 24-foot Motion with two 250-horsepower engines. Top speed is 100 mph.

The Heat Is On (C-100)

-- Glen Donnatelli, Pembroke Pines, driver; John Provenzano, Tampa, owner and throttleman; Gene Stephens, Tampa, navigator. Boat is a 32-foot Manta with two 650-horsepower Bandit engines. Top speed is 96 mph.

Blackjack (C-37)

-- Dale Simmons, Miami, driver; Marshall Ives, Miami, owner and throttleman; Allen Brenner, Miami, navigator. Boat is a 28-foot Manta with three 240-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 82 mph.

- - -

Sportsman D

Enterprise (D-2)

-- Jim Babcock, Fort Lauderdale, driver; A.J. Schwencke, Fort Lauderdale, owner and throttleman. Boat is a 30-foot Triton with three 240-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 100 mph.

Hawk Marine Power (D-26)

-- Ed Sheer, Miami, driver; Mandy Fernandez, Miami, owner and throttleman; John Tomlinson, Miami, navigator. Boat is a 38-foot Cigarette with two 350-horsepower engines. Top speed is 93 mph.

Risky Business (D-27)

-- Stephen Dorcich, Lake Tahoe, Calif., owner and driver; John Bruno, Tahoe Paradise, Calif., throttleman. Boat is a 32-foot Skater with three 260-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 110 mph.

Miss Don Q (D-32)

-- Richie Holzhaver, Howard Beach, N.Y., driver; Felix Serralles, Ponce, Puerto, Rico, owner and throttleman; John Sherlock, St. Cloud, navigator. Boat is 32-feet long with three 265-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 112 mph.

E&B Marine (D-70)

-- Kevin Reaume, Lake George, N.Y., driver; Nicky Cutro, Lake George, N.Y., owner and throttleman. Boat is a 30-foot Shadow Cat with three 250-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 104 mph.

(D-87)

-- Bob Erickson, Minnetonka, Minn., driver; Rajah Rodgers, Fort Myers, owner and throttleman. Boat is a 32-foot Skater with three 275-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 110 mph.

- - -

Run What You Brung

Rare Form (26)

-- Lavoy Anderson, Panama City, owner and driver; David Steele, Panama City, owner and throttleman; John Atwell, Panama City, navigator. Boat is a 26-foot Chris Craft with two 260-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 60 mph.

Gone Bananas (69)

-- George Smith, Panama City Beach, driver; David Webb, Panama City, driver and throttleman. Boat is a 28-foot Cigarette with two 300-horsepower Mercury engines. Top speed is 76 mph.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

D-70 E&B Marine was my Dad's old raceboat. Nicky Cutro(owner/throttles) still does all the maintenance on my family's boats.
Attached Thumbnails The good ol days. What a lineup!-blackduckphoto.jpg   The good ol days. What a lineup!-blackduck2.jpg  
Old 09-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

M-10 Is My Pride And Joy Now Its A Legend That Lives Again
Old 09-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I owned d-27 for a while in the 90's, s-15 became double cross now for sale in the classifieds with original motors
Old 09-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 32agitator
M-10 Is My Pride And Joy Now Its A Legend That Lives Again
Your boat was a legend and a real AGITATOR to our race team EASTER EXPRESS. Then when I was a Silver Cup series referee when you showed up with the blower motors the legend did live again. Glade to here she still a AGITATOR !!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Registered

hey how you been you think there is a place for me to race the boat in 2009 what do you think
Old 09-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

hey how you been you think there is a place for me to race the boat in 2009 what do you think
I hung up my Zebra shirt a few years back so I can't say for sure, but if you could slow her down a bit maybe P-2 ?? Mark ran the Cat Can Do [outboard] this last year in P-2, but there are some fast Vee boats in that class now !!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was a few years earlier. Big Show.

The good ol days. What a lineup!-keywest-starts87-s.jpg

The good ol days. What a lineup!-keywest-starts87-c.jpg

The good ol days. What a lineup!-keywest-starts87-production-2.jpg
Old 09-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Registered

dont have it in me to slow it down wouldnt give that boat justice if i did that
Old 09-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

dont have it in me to slow it down wouldnt give that boat justice if i did that
You are right, I did not think you would !!!!!

Quick Reply: The good ol days. What a lineup!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.