Key West Race Length???

Notices

Key West Race Length???

Old 10-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Will it be televised?
Yes, the sponsor is paying for all TV coverage themselves.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeybandit
Butch,

That's exactly the point that I was trying to make. We always packed em in back then. For the most part, I don't think the fans even realize what they are watching. As long as boats are going by, they always seemed happy.

If there are any out there that have never raced, but like to watch, answer this:

Are you able to tell who is winning, and what classes are racing at any given time? Or, do you just love seeing really fast, loud boats going by?
I've been a fan of offshore racing since I was a kid.....I bought one of boats I loved it so much. I really wish they could go back to big water courses. Maybe broadcast it to the fans at the race from large mobile TVs ( like they do for the people tailgating at Ohio State games). It would be great to watch big water racing on TV live and then get to see them rip by once or twice. I've been to many races and honestly I never know who's winning? It doesn't matter because everyone runs hard and that's what makes it fun to watch. I love the days of Needle Nose films and old Freeze Frame vhs tapes.

Last edited by topprop; 10-04-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:08 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you can see the boats from shore...

then it's not offshore racing

just my .02
Old 10-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Real Offshore Races

In 1980 I was at the Le Club International race in Ft. Lauderal. I'm pretty sure it was one of the first races that had helo's microwave the races back to a hotel that was on the ocean, we were on the app. 8 or 10 floor,were able to see the boats come down the coast in front, or look at the tv screens, one for open class, one for production. I felt I died and was in heaven, food ,drinks, and a Brunette that I met at the cocktail party the night before that was a offshore grouppie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HIGH LIFE
Old 10-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just quit your winning and book your rooms for KW. I guarantee you will have a great time. Dave
Old 10-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by topprop
I've been a fan of offshore racing since I was a kid.....I bought one of boats I loved it so much. I really wish they could go back to big water courses. Maybe broadcast it to the fans at the race from large mobile TVs ( like they do for the people tailgating at Ohio State games). It would be great to watch big water racing on TV live and then get to see them rip by once or twice. I've been to many races and honestly I never know who's winning? It doesn't matter because everyone runs hard and that's what makes it fun to watch. I love the days of Needle Nose films and old Freeze Frame vhs tapes.
Joe you have to see the offshore race tape that our HERO Red Crain made back in 1982. It even has early 80's techno music in the background !!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When is KW?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Joe you have to see the offshore race tape that our HERO Red Crain made back in 1982. It even has early 80's techno music in the background !!!!!!!!!
I haven't seen it, Red must be hiding it away, but if you have a copy I would love to borrow it. BTW Red actually has a ton of old needle nose tapes but they are all on beta....(he truly is a 80's tech freak). I'm going on ebay right now to buy a beta so I can watch them this winter.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:26 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by topprop
I haven't seen it, Red must be hiding it away, but if you have a copy I would love to borrow it. BTW Red actually has a ton of old needle nose tapes but they are all on beta....(he truly is a 80's tech freak). I'm going on ebay right now to buy a beta so I can watch them this winter.

Actually Beta was clearer than VHS - today - you can get them all from T2X - on DVD - which from the orriginal masters is far clearer than the VHS which was the popular format at the time. They were not filmed on VHS - but rather on 3/4 Umatic, or Beta SP - both broadcast formats at the time -

Phil
Old 10-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Phil M
Actually Beta was clearer than VHS - today - you can get them all from T2X - on DVD - which from the orriginal masters is far clearer than the VHS which was the popular format at the time. They were not filmed on VHS - but rather on 3/4 Umatic, or Beta SP - both broadcast formats at the time -

Phil
Phil,
I would love to purchase some of the old races recorded on what ever I can get. Who can I call?
Joe

Quick Reply: Key West Race Length???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.