Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again >

Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again

Notices

Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again

Old 10-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will do Joern. No we kept it as" I like it too" I think it became Realite charger after My brother sold it, I was working in America in the latter stages
I see Gene latham on this thread. Gene, did you have a shop next to Keith Eickerts, Ajac Hawk in 79- 80, I was working for Keith at the time and did some work on Flap Jack in the next building. When finished we flew in his plane to Lake X for testing. Was that you?
Mike
Old 10-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mike Bontoft
I will do Joern. No we kept it as" I like it too" I think it became Realite charger after My brother sold it, I was working in America in the latter stages
I see Gene latham on this thread. Gene, did you have a shop next to Keith Eickerts, Ajac Hawk in 79- 80, I was working for Keith at the time and did some work on Flap Jack in the next building. When finished we flew in his plane to Lake X for testing. Was that you?
Mike
Hi Mike:

Yes--there were lots of neighbors along N E 17th Avenue in the 70's---Keith---Richie Powers--Bob Saccenti--Bob Higgins--a couple of guys building engines. I did fly my plane to Lake X many times in the 70's and 80's. And I do remember working on Howard's catamaran, and a late night departure at the Lake, and no runway lights, and a deer on the runway---were you on that trip?

Gene
Old 10-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Registered

That was me. There was just you and me on that trip, I remember the deer ran across just as we lifted off. Pretty scary. That was my first flight in a small plane and coming over Miami that evening with it all lit up I was wondering how is he going to find the airport. I hope you are doing well and its good to here from you again. What are you doing these days.
Mike
Old 10-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Registered

Gene
It was a mono, Bertram I think and I seem to remember the next race it got the side blown out of it. Remember? There was a good picture of the boat on plane with a gaping hole and the deck flapping in the breeze. My memory is a little fuzzy. Scary, The senior moments are setting in.
Mike
Old 10-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Joern:- you are making history come alive. What an absolute joy to see the boat returning to it's former glory. We owe you a debt of gratitude for the fantastic effort you and your family/friends are making with that glorious boat!! Now if only I could get a cheap flight to Norway............please keep posting the pics. We will not tire of seeing them! Regards,Nigel.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Thumper Two

Have a Historical boat that raced along with Kiekafer Aeromarine III..1973 29-9 Magnum Thumper Two.Was going to restore to original condition.boat is real solid. $15,000 E-mail if interested Bud
Attached Thumbnails Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again-scan0020-thump2%5B1%5D.jpg   Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again-scan0020-thump%5B1%5D.jpg   Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again-scan0002.jpg  

Last edited by mr vinyl; 10-28-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Thumper Two

Additional Photos
Attached Thumbnails Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again-dscn0031.jpg   Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again-dscn0041.jpg   Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again-dscn0029-29-9.jpg  

Old 10-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Thumper Two

Thumper has additional # 3 Gimbel and two props
Attached Thumbnails Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again-dscn0044.jpg   Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again-dscn0038.jpg   Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again-dscn0040.jpg  

Old 01-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Registered

Default Thumper Too

Hi Mr Vinyl
Can you give me your e-mail address. I have some questions on Thumper Too.
Mike
Old 01-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default e-mail address

Mike sent PM to did not go [email protected] look forward to hearing from you. Bud Weisner

Quick Reply: Kiekhafer Aeromarine III in water again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.