Notices

Codecasa Boats

Old 01-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flying fish
The Buzzi thread is changing it`s subject matter,so I thought we better have another thread.
First, in answer to your comments `shifter` re the Lambo SV,no pics of it.I was hunting OP1`s.
I did not get pics of Rainbow Bears burning as I had to return home on the Monday of the race.
Interesting info re the bearcat.The only record I have of a 44ft Baudouin engined boat in 93 was Cogeme,a CUV ex-Paul & Shark.No record in 94 of a Baudouin boat.
You mention at Malta 93 the Birkett hull was painted red.Was it the white Codecsa of 1990,because Polli had a red CUV in 1991.Was the black SDA of 1992 the white SDA of 1990 with the cockpit styling modified.See attachments.So many questions,so many answers required.
The pic above left is the 1991 black version of the former 45' Codecasadue-Aurantium on Birkett design in white of the third pic bottom left in 1990 first version.
The pic above right is the new boat built in 1991 by Società Navale Aurantium with a collaboration of CUV on the same Birkett design of 45'.
In 1991 Edoardo Polli had two similar boats one in red and one in black both powered with 4 Alloni-Motori Moderni.
Both were called Bear 45' because so decided the owner Polli. They can named Bear 45' or more exactly; the first one(white then black) Codecasadue-Aurantium 45' and the second(the red one) Aurantium-CUV 45' to distinguish them among them.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 01-25-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:03 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are more pics of the cats.

When the SDA wrecked in Sardenia it looked like the pics I have been posting of the white SDA. When they fixed it looked like the pics you have posted.

Polli bought the Molinari with lambos and raced it at Viareggio as SDA when I was re-rigging the SDA with the new canopy.

The black boat is confusing because it has the codacasadue sticker on it.

I am still chaising my friend in Milan to see if he has any pics of the composit (I am not sure if Cuv buit it)
Attached Thumbnails Codecasa Boats-1-24-2009_002.jpg   Codecasa Boats-1-24-2009_033.jpg   Codecasa Boats-1-24-2009_045.jpg  

Old 01-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Flying, the Dome Subaru is the supercar in the second pics-right of the "shifter" post #33 in the Buzzi thread.
No offshore.
Yes Marco you are correct. This is a car of which I have not seen before. It has peaked my interest, Although it is terrestrial in subject.

Also Marco, I think you should prepare a book in the subject of European offshore!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff
Old 01-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hallj
Yes Marco you are correct. This is a car of which I have not seen before. It has peaked my interest, Although it is terrestrial in subject.

Also Marco, I think you should prepare a book in the subject of European offshore!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff
A supercar peak interest always.

Thanks about the book but I think it should be better to write it with Flying Fish and Littlenige....but then who will publish it?
Old 01-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Registered

As it confirms us "shifter" in the post #12, the white SDA of the photo above to the left and that third bottom to the left of the post #31 in the thread of Buzzi is the Codecasadue 45' in the first version of the 1990.
Then became the white of the rest of 1990 season in the third pic on post #1 of Flying Fish.
Then became the black in 1991 season in the second pic on the same post #1.
The others two pics on the post above are of the first Codecasasa for Polli that then became Deroà in 1991 for Cirilli,Lippi and Leonardo Polli,the latter nephew of Edoardo Polli.
Of that same boat "shifter" has also posted the second pic on post #31 and the firsts two of post #32 on the thread Buzzi.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 01-25-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Registered

Here the SDA Tencara '93 before and after burning at Ostend.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:55 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the Dome not to be confused with our other supercar the F1 both 6 speed transverse syncromesh.
pat W

http://www.weismann.net/caspita.html I like this version (Flat 12) the pics below are version 2 (v10)
Attached Thumbnails Codecasa Boats-1-24-2009_001_0001.jpg   Codecasa Boats-1-24-2009_003_0001.jpg   Codecasa Boats-1-24-2009_005.jpg  

Last edited by shifter; 01-25-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hallj

Jeff
COOL IDEA , DO IT MARCO AND THE OTHER GUYS I THINK THAT ITS NICE THAT PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN PART OF THE PAST OF THIS SPORT WRITE THEIR EXPERIENCES.
I THINK MOST PEOPLE ARE NEGLECTING THESE EXPERIENCES AND BOATS.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ufix1
COOL IDEA , DO IT MARCO AND THE OTHER GUYS I THINK THAT ITS NICE THAT PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN PART OF THE PAST OF THIS SPORT WRITE THEIR EXPERIENCES.
I THINK MOST PEOPLE ARE NEGLECTING THESE EXPERIENCES AND BOATS.
As I have already said the problem it is to find who puts the money to publish it, because there won't be any publisher disposed to do it.
In another thread wonders if and when John Crouse the offshore journalist of journalists will publish its second work but to how much it doesn't even seem him he succeeds in finding a publisher.
Unfortunately this sport is of scarce public interest and the sale of copies is reduced to few about ten or perhaps some hundred.
Then it happens as with the book of Michael Aronow,King of the Thunderboat Row, that almost immediately sell out to the first edition the author (or his publisher) doesn't want to risk in a second and now the few copies that are made on the market available they have absurd quotations.
Besides as all the books of sport the principal part must make the image that must be predominantly in full color and this is today still really expensive despite the technology of press has made giant footsteps with the advent of the computer.
The street can be tried to privately publish, but the least one of copies to balance the expenses with the price of the book is around 1000 and if at least you are not sure to sell more than the half of it you have put again money.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 01-26-2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Codecasa dates

Thanks for the clarification Marco re the Polli boats.I keep finding the photo dates mixed up i.e. the black and red boats.
Trying to do too many boats and builders at once.Interesting about the reference to how the boats were credited.There are far more Italian boat versions than we ever had in the UK.

Quick Reply: Codecasa Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.