Notices

Codecasa Boats

Old 02-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Matching boats

Quite so,Olli,and doesn`t match Deroa either.So can you fathom all this out.What is the grey boat in pics 1,2 & 3 the abandoned Bearcat 45?
Read post 15 and see what you make of it.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flying fish
OK.Another throw of the dice.Pic 1,2 & 3 of same boat,which was then painted white as Pic 4 & 5,then became Pic 6.
Pic 1,2 & 3 never raced?
The abandoned Bearcat 45 was a different boat to above?
It`s your post 15 BT which is throwing me.
Post a pic of the boat before it became Deroa.
Enjoying your popcorn `Little Nige`,this has got more repeats than `The Sound of Music`.
Probably my post #15 have created more problems than clarifications.
We cancel the post #15 from our minds.
In the post #38 the three pics are of the first Codecasadue 45' (Bearcat). Boat test of Polli for the new engines Motori Moderni-Alloni. Polli will never drive it in a race.
After having grown weeds in 1991 the boat was modified with the cockpit put in the center and enclosed. It becomes so the #301 Deroàs.
In the post #39 three pics of the second Bearcat Codecasadue 45' (disegned by Birkett) of the 1990. In the first two pics with the cockpit in the original version and in the third pic with that modified after the crash of Porto Cervo.
This boat in 1991 will be re-painted in black.
In 1991 a third Bearcat 45' will arrive built now by Aurantium-CUV on Birkett design and painted of red.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:55 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marco has it right.(BT)

The pics of SDA half sunk in Sardenia are above. That was the only incident.

We can contiue with the other boats......

pat W
Attached Thumbnails Codecasa Boats-1-24-2009_048_0001.jpg   Codecasa Boats-pat3-064.jpg   Codecasa Boats-pat3-067.jpg  

Old 02-01-2009, 10:02 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Some early pics of Brunello's baby. I always liked this boat.

pat W
Attached Thumbnails Codecasa Boats-pat3-066.jpg   Codecasa Boats-pat3-129.jpg   Codecasa Boats-pat3-134.jpg  

Old 02-01-2009, 10:16 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

It started life as a twin tail in 1995 with twin lambo's. Then the change to diesel with the single tail. I drove first test with Lino on the throttles.... entering 1st turn spun the boat at 127 mph. Before that 150mph through the gears up and down then spun.

pat W
Attached Thumbnails Codecasa Boats-pat3-136.jpg   Codecasa Boats-pat3-138.jpg   Codecasa Boats-pats-011.jpg  

Old 02-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Registered

Default Bearcat Sorted

That`s much clearer BT.I must admit looking at the Deroa racing pic I took off Portland Bill ,the steps don`t seem to match the weed growing Bearcat.Deroa is a dark photo against the light and not easy to see.
That red plastic cat looks the business style-wise.The money that must be spent with no return on these toys is mind blowing.It`s ironic to think Polli had his best results with the second hand CUV mono.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Registered

Default Step Plugged

The more I look at Deroa,the more I think that forward step has been plugged.
Attached Thumbnails Codecasa Boats-pic-1.jpg   Codecasa Boats-deroa%2520%25281991%2529.jpg  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bearcat,steps and Polli

I also think that the advanced step has been plugged even if it is unusual thing.
Polli in his first season in 1987 had to not go to Key West;
There he saw Copeland and his circus of boats aircraft carrier. Mr.Popeyes for that time had started to win but Polli(Chickens in English) he didn't know that the American had burnt a mountain of dollars to perform his Superboats of 4 engines since 1983 with ridiculous results in comparison to effort profuse. Often it happened that the Open Class boats were ahead him Enterprise/Popeye's.
It needs however to admit that Copeland at the end succeeded in winning competitions and titles in his Superboat.
Polli recruited the designer of Copeland ,Peter Birkett for his aircraft carriers.
But after having spent the whole ten years of the nineties and driven a fleet of boats that the US Navy Task Force of the Pacific would have intimidated to his asset it doesn't show up anything.
As other Polli has been spellbound from the idea of make competitive in offshore engines from racing cars. And as all these other he has failed.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 02-02-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:06 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Eduardo Polli, there are not that many people that stick their necks out and try something new. He did not fail because he was always a threat, just not very fortunate.

pat W
Attached Thumbnails Codecasa Boats-pat3-077.jpg   Codecasa Boats-pat3-024.jpg   Codecasa Boats-pat3-074.jpg  

Old 02-03-2009, 03:33 AM
Registered

Default Polli`s Efforts

When you compare Polli to Copeland ,I think other than wanting to try something different and make a mark on the sport,the biggest problem Polli had was in trying to compete with engines that needed a lot of sorting (look at the Jaguar engine scenario in the UK),whereas Copeland was dealing with the mercruiser empire,and that`s a whole different ball game.You may be successful and win the odd race,but to do it on a mercruiser scale,no contest.Lambo`s perhaps are one of the few that have taken them on and matched them,but I wonder how the stats would stack up between Polli`s research outlay and Lambo`s,somehow I think you would need a whole `chicken` house as BT would say.

Quick Reply: Codecasa Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.