Are these the same Gentry Eagle boats? >

Are these the same Gentry Eagle boats?

Notices

Are these the same Gentry Eagle boats?

Old 02-26-2009, 01:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How long?

I`ve seen it recorded as 46ft,so both Richie Powers and Brownie are both incorrect in saying it was 48ft in previous posts,which I find hard to believe,and the diatribe I recently posted refers to it being stretched in various stages from 48ft to 50ft,so that`s wrong as well.Nah! like most things the truth is with the guy who did the work in extending it.Step up please and put us out of our misery.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:33 AM
Registered

Default 46 Or 48ft

The guy who could give a definitive answer on this,and I know he reads these posts,is Pete Currington.So come on Peter,get out of that directors chair,and walk over to the drawing cabinet at Cougar and reveal all,unless of course youv`e had a bonfire on the Warsash foreshore of all these records.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by flying fish
The guy who could give a definitive answer on this,and I know he reads these posts,is Pete Currington.So come on Peter,get out of that directors chair,and walk over to the drawing cabinet at Cougar and reveal all,unless of course youv`e had a bonfire on the Warsash foreshore of all these records.
The one who absolutly knows is Sammie James who was the T-Man on that boat and was in charge of that race team and boat. The story goes that he cut the pickle fork ends off and blunted the nose to fit into his garage over by Lake Okeechobee. It was basically the joke of the industry at the time. He rigged the boat there maintained it there etc. I would find it hard to believe that TG or Sammie would order a 46` when evryone else was building 50` that`s why we say it was at least a 48` or 50` then after Sammie performed the surgery it became a 46`, so same story in reverse.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
The one who absolutly knows is Sammie James who was the T-Man on that boat and was in charge of that race team and boat. The story goes that he cut the pickle fork ends off and blunted the nose to fit into his garage over by Lake Okeechobee. It was basically the joke of the industry at the time. He rigged the boat there maintained it there etc. I would find it hard to believe that TG or Sammie would order a 46` when evryone else was building 50` that`s why we say it was at least a 48` or 50` then after Sammie performed the surgery it became a 46`, so same story in reverse.

I went there to Sammie's shop in La Belle Fla to paint it. same shop where he made stepped bottom air boats to drag race.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Registered

Default Blunt Pickleforks

With reference to post 13,was the forward 2ft that was cut off put back as a portable bow section,because somehow I`m convincing myself that in the pic in post 1,the gunwale line at the bow looks quite straight and not as a fair line,so it raced as a 48ft but was kept in the shed as a 46ft.